Surface Pro 3 Cases/Sleeves

Vedivis

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
That cork case is beautiful. Just ordered one for myself! Unfortunately it takes 5-15 days to ship to the States. :crying:

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I'll just be rockin' it with the red type cover...don't want to hide it. I have a messenger bag for laptops that I use to transport my stuff between work and home and when travelling.

gatormike77

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Nice looking case. Unfortunately you won't be able to utilize the awesome kickstand of the Pro 3.

The other issue is this case covers a lot of the bezel which will make some gestures complicated. I know this from experience with my S2 unfortunately. I honestly think a sleeve is the best way to go for this gem.

Planning to pick one up tomorrow myself at either BB or MSFT store. It will be my first foray into the Pro line and for me the thin form factor and quiet fan were the tipping point.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Nice looking case. Unfortunately you won't be able to utilize the awesome kickstand of the Pro 3.

Also, there isn't a good shot of the top in the images, but it looks to me like there might be some covering of the vent openings. I wouldn't want to cover them at all.

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I hope as time passes there will be more folio style case for the SP3, which I just got mine today UPS dropped it off ordered from Microsoft online store.
I am one who uses the KB very little, so I am hopping for something like the apple iPad air cover, just covers the screen and attached by magnets, or like what like Lenovo has for the Think Pads. I am surprised Microsoft doesn't male something like this not everyone is going to purchase there type cover

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I hope as time passes there will be more folio style case for the SP3, which I just got mine today UPS dropped it off ordered from Microsoft online store.
I am one who uses the KB very little, so I am hopping for something like the apple iPad air cover, just covers the screen and attached by magnets, or like what like Lenovo has for the Think Pads. I am surprised Microsoft doesn't male something like this not everyone is going to purchase there type cover

Just make sure that whatever you get doesn't cover the vents while in use. :wink:

Marcellus1

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking for a case that would fit the SP3 well and also comfortably fit the power cord and arc mouse. I ended up finding this case on bestbuy.com:
Incase Sling Sleeve for 13" Apple MacBook Pro and MacBook Air Laptops CL57482 - Best Buy

Turns out Amazon has the same thing for $20 cheaper (Amazon.com: Incase CL57482 Nylon Sling Sleeve 13-Inch - Black: Computers & Accessories), so I price matched it in store at Bestbuy.

It seems to be a very good fit for the surface. It's versatile with hiding handles and straps, multiple pockets, etc. It's very slim and the pockets are fairly roomy. In one of the pockets is a pouch that is the perfect size for the arc mouse and a pen holder for the stylus.

mitsuyager9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy sells one specifically made for the Pro 3. It's their platinum brand and seems very well made. But it's 40 bucks which is over priced imo. It's also not listed on their website yet.

Last edited:

Marcellus1

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy sells one specifically made for the Pro 3. It's there platinum brand and seems very well made. But it's 40 bucks which is over priced imo. It's also not listed on their website yet.

That's interesting. What's it like? The BestBuy associates near me must not know about that one--I was just in there yesterday and they said they only had ones for the smaller surface models. The Microsoft Store had some cloth sleeves and leather sleeves for it also that seemed quite nice. They weren't made specifically for it and they're not on the website, but they fit it well--you can't fit a mouse or power cord or anything in them though, which may make a difference to some people (and which is why I ultimately ended up with the Incase CL57482 sleeve I mentioned above)..

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy sells one specifically made for the Pro 3. It's there platinum brand and seems very well made. But it's 40 bucks which is over priced imo. It's also not listed on their website yet.

That's the one I purchased as well. It seems to be very well made. I like the plush lining on the inside also.
The material on the outside seems as though it will hold up to dirt, because it can be wiped and cleaned easily.
I do feel it's overpriced, but I haven't found another case yet that looks professional with the quality it has.
Still trying to see if I can find a comparable case for less. If so, I may return it.

berfles

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't have mine yet, but I ordered a Corkor case for it based on this thread. Hopefully they get here at the same time since my SP3 isn't shipping until 6/30.

mkslive

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi gang,
I'm looking for more of a portfolio for the Pro 3. You know, like the kind that you put a legal sized tablet of paper in, it may have a calculator on the left side, room for business cards, a pen holder in the middle. That kind of thing, but instead of the pad of paper, I'd put the Pro 3, carry it to meetings, take notes on it like normal, and use it to do all sorts of things in a pinch. Please let me know if anyone spots something like this, and thanks in advance!
Here you go. Amazon.com: Deluxe Classic Zip-Close Folio for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and 11-inch MacBook: Computers & Accessories and Amazon.com: Deluxe Crocodile-Textured Padfolio for Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and Letter / A4 Paper: Computers & Accessories

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Anyone can post pics of the Best Buy case? I got the Snugg leather case with a bundle from the MS store but its a generic case and too big for my bag. Is the BB one a closer fit for the SP3? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro