Surface Pro 3 Cases/Sleeves

vetteman117

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Birugear Neoprene Zipper Carrying Storage Sleeve from Amazon. This is a bare bones soft case (sleeve) that holds the Surface Pro 3 with the keyboard very nicely. It has an external zippered pocked that I use for the pen but can be used for much more. It is just the right size, not like some others advertised for the Surface Pro 3 that are 3 inches to wide.

fonzman78

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone can post pics of the Best Buy case? I got the Snugg leather case with a bundle from the MS store but its a generic case and too big for my bag. Is the BB one a closer fit for the SP3? Thanks

I have this case and the SP3 fits in it just right. Here is a link to it on BB's website.

Platinum Sleeve for 12" Microsoft Surface PT-MMSS12B - Best Buy

Here are some pics I took. Apologies for the lack of professional quality but, hey, it's 330am, and I'm done for the night.

SP3 outside of sleeve.
surface sleeve 1.jpg

SP3 in sleeve.
surface sleeve 2.jpg

And SP3 in sleeve and in my leather bag. It fits perfectly in my shoulder bag. I can easily take just the sleeve w/SP3 in to a lunch meeting rather than having to take my entire bag.
surface sleeve 3.jpg

I bought it a couple days ago and really like it. But, I've been eyeing this one. If anyone has it and can comment it, much appreciated. It costs more but like the look.

Outback Solo for Surface Pro 3 – WaterField Designs

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought it a couple days ago and really like it. But, I've been eyeing this one. If anyone has it and can comment it, much appreciated. It costs more but like the look.

Outback Solo for Surface Pro 3 – WaterField Designs

Waterfield makes great cases and they look amazing. Usually you can customize the fabric/colors too.
That one is pretty much just a sleeve with a shoulder strap. I'd rather have something like this Staad Laptop Backpack – WaterField Designs or this Rough Rider Messenger Bag – WaterField Designs and make it my every-day bag. The price though, whoosh.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
If anyone finds a portrait sleeve, neoprene with a pocket preferred, for as cheap as 10 dollars pls let me know.

I just need a sleeve to protect it inside my backpack.

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I found this one from brenthaven that is specifically designed for the surface pro 3. It is expensive but looks fantastic. Also, quite surprisingly, find the website with bing and you'll be prompted with the code BING to take 15% off your purchase.

Collins Sleeve Plus Designed for Surface | Brenthaven.com

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Very classy, one of the best i've seen yet.
Wish they offered some variation in the colors though. And i'm a bit confused by the front flap. It clearly shows the main pocket opens by zipper. And there's a zippered pocket in the back. So what does the flap on the front do?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I found this one from brenthaven that is specifically designed for the surface pro 3. It is expensive but looks fantastic. Also, quite surprisingly, find the website with bing and you'll be prompted with the code BING to take 15% off your purchase.

Collins Sleeve Plus Designed for Surface | Brenthaven.com

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Nice..I like their other bags as well. I have a Crumpler messenger bag that I really like and will handle my "naked" SP3/keyboard fine.

Last edited:

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Very classy, one of the best i've seen yet.
Wish they offered some variation in the colors though. And i'm a bit confused by the front flap. It clearly shows the main pocket opens by zipper. And there's a zippered pocket in the back. So what does the flap on the front do?

There are three slots. One for the surface, one on the back (zippered), and one on the front that opens like an envelope with a magnetic closure. I want it but I really don't want to spend that much. Also, the external dimensions are much bigger than the surface's which makes me think it will be a loose fit. Luckily there is a brenthaven in Seattle so I'll probably take in my surface and find the one that fits the best.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You know, I've been watching this thread for just the right case. Right now I'm using this one by Case Logic that I already had. I'd like something more like this one or this one mentioned above, though - something more of a folio style, with a magnetic-closing flap (Please, dear God, no Velcro!). One thing, though. I see on one of them that it has a twill interior, and I'm not seeing the other. That's all well and good if you're not using a TypeCover on your Surface, but with the fabric back-side of the keyboard, it seems to me that getting the Surface in and out will be a pain. My case, while I'd rather have a different style, has the ballistic nylon throughout, so it slides in and out very easily. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo