Surface Pro 3 Cases/Sleeves

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It would be good if it didn't cover the ventilation ports. The thing gets pretty warm as it is when playing something like Asphalt 8, so I wouldn't inhibit the air flow at all.

After posting I also noticed that it covers the bottom edge of the screen, so you couldn't use the magnetic keyboard tilter. The search continues.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Plus it just looks cheesey....

Anytime I see a "stitched" cover or case available in 20 colors, I assume it is crap and will fall apart or not be sized properly or in some way hinder the proper use of the unit.

Like...how am I supposed to use the kickstand? They have basically limited you to two positions; flat and their predetermined angle shown in the picture.

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I don't see the need of a case. As with phones, there simply isn't a design that won't hinder the device in some way. Most of the time that way is bulk, but for the Surface it's mostly the kickstand. For that reason I'm a sleeve fan all the way.

Microsoft Surface Cases | Brenthaven.com

Brenthaven has spectacular Surface products. They are certainly on the higher dollar end, but I dropped my Surface RT in their Trek Case two stories onto hardwood (yes it was an accident, don't ask how) and it left my device completely unscathed. Since they tailor to business professionals, all of their stuff is also quite sleek and even luxurious.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's a minimalist leather sleeve case. just plain slip in and out. And the best part of this minimalist case is that they included stitching logo of Windows on the side.

$_12.JPG
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet 12 inch Sleeve Pouch Protect Bag Slim and Light | eBay

This is great for those who just need to protect their surface inside their backpacks/briefcase full of pens, paper clips, car keys, knife, pizza cutters, etc. its quick and easy to grab.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Found this one from Wakefield. It's pretty nice looking, but I'm not sure I'm willing to shell out $129 ($109 for the back + $19.99 for the strap) for it.

New! Outback Solo for Surface Pro 3 ?€“ WaterField Designs

I like this bag too. They must've just recently posted it on their site. Didn't see this bag several weeks ago. I didn't want a sleeve type of case. I want something with a strap so I can put it around my shoulder. Hope they have it in store in SF.

dawnbudgie1306

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Got the amCase 11.6 inch Neoprene case from Amazon and I am really impressed. I am new to the Surface tablet alltogether (loving it so far!) and wanted to get something to keep it safe when travelling for work or on the go. I got the case last week and have since placed an order for another for my laptop. They are a great price and I also got free shipping on Amazon. There was a coupon code on the page as well, gave me about 2$ off, though I am not sure how long Amazon will have that deal.

Was around 10$ and shipped to me quick. Is nice, this black neoprene and has a really soft inside linning. The zipper is nice too, I like that better than the standard velcro. Also had carrying handles, which cam ein handy when I was at the airport etc. Will post pics if anyone wants.

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's another Surface Pro 3 case from Exact: Amazon.com: Exact Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Case [SUITE Series] - Slim PU Leather Portfolio Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Black: Computers & Accessories

It accommodates the adjustable kickstand but I need to see better pictures to be convinced.

check pictures of the brown version. you see how it works there. it also looks like the quality isn't very good (when looking at the brown) - almost like those paper (tyvek) wallets - which I use and love.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You know, I've been watching this thread for just the right case. Right now I'm using this one mentioned above, though - something more of a folio style, with a magnetic-closing flap (Please, dear God, no Velcro!). One thing, though. I see on one of them that it has a twill interior, and I'm not seeing the other. That's all well and good if you're not using a TypeCover on your Surface, but with the fabric back-side of the keyboard, it seems to me that getting the Surface in and out will be a pain. My case, while I'd rather have a different style, has the ballistic nylon throughout, so it slides in and out very easily. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Something to consider. I just kinda figured this out. Pretty much any case designed for a MacBook Air will work with the SP3. My electric blue Snugg folio case is for the MacBook Air (although I bought it at my local Microsoft Store). If that helps.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Bair%2Bcase%26cp%3D1%26lp%3D15&token=E_6J8pPZ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo