Surface Pro 3 Cases/Sleeves

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Now that is actually a very smart case...and felt is very fashionable right now. Simple, clean, protective and holds everything I might carry whether putting it in my messenger bag or heading to a meeting with just the SP3. Thanks!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Something to consider. I just kinda figured this out. Pretty much any case designed for a MacBook Air will work with the SP3. My electric blue Snugg folio case is for the MacBook Air (although I bought it at my local Microsoft Store). If that helps.
You know, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks. That opens up the search field TONS, I'm sure.

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've discovered that a standard business writing pad/"padfolio" seems to work well for me for now, and stores my pen nicely.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Attachments

• IMG_20140711_105235.jpg
    IMG_20140711_105235.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20140711_105333.jpg
    IMG_20140711_105333.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 29

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Wtf?? You...you cant do that.... there's gotta be some kind of rule you're breaking here

I know right:). Can't help it though. I use these for my apple stuff and love them. Plus no one wants to steal a book.

I just use it for carrying case and I prop the stand on it. I have a lot of clients that are attorneys and it's usually a conversation piece.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I know right:). Can't help it though. I use these for my apple stuff and love them. Plus no one wants to steal a book.

I just use it for carrying case and I prop the stand on it. I have a lot of clients that are attorneys and it's usually a conversation piece.
Oh maybe i can find one that is of one of moses stone tablets.... yeah!

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I just bought this case. It is a little snug when I have the type cover attached, but I'm ok with that. I wanted something very small.

Soft Sleeve Case Cover Protective Pouch Bag for Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet New | eBay

luke31

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I purchased this case on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Surface Pro 3 Folio Cover Case with Stand for Microsoft Surface PRO 3 (3rd Generation) Windows 8.1 Tablet (12 Inch), , Built-in Stand with Multi Viewing Angles, Exclusive Design for Surface Pro 3, Great for Travel. Premium Leather Availab

The case itself looks pretty presentable. Of course, the folio style of it renders the kickstand useless. But the biggest concern about it is the fact that the vents on the top of the device are pretty significantly blocked. Here is a picture of what it looks like:

DSC_0361.jpg

For what it's worth, I left a mediocre review on Amazon and the company that sold me the case responded with this email:

------------- Begin message -------------

Good afternoon Lukasz,

I realized you ordered recently the new surface pro 3 case from us. and you mentioned on the product review a number of valid concerns about the product. Please be advised that we are expecting our new shipment 2-3 weeks that will solve all your concern. We will reship you a new case for free and would appreciate if you can edit the review

Thanks You!

sincerely

Nick

------------- End message -------------

So maybe they'll release an updated version of the case that'll accommodate the vents better? I was gonna return it, but maybe I'll wait and see what happens. Here are two more pictures:

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I purchased this case on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Surface Pro 3 Folio Cover Case with Stand for Microsoft Surface PRO 3 (3rd Generation) Windows 8.1 Tablet (12 Inch), , Built-in Stand with Multi Viewing Angles, Exclusive Design for Surface Pro 3, Great for Travel. Premium Leather Availab

The case itself looks pretty presentable. Of course, the folio style of it renders the kickstand useless. But the biggest concern about it is the fact that the vents on the top of the device are pretty significantly blocked. Here is a picture of what it looks like:

View attachment 72311

For what it's worth, I left a mediocre review on Amazon and the company that sold me the case responded with this email:

Good afternoon Lukasz,

I realized you ordered recently the new surface pro 3 case from us. and you mentioned on the product review a number of valid concerns about the product. Please be advised that we are expecting our new shipment 2-3 weeks that will solve all your concern. We will reship you a new case for free and would appreciate if you can edit the review

Thanks You!

sincerely

Nick

So maybe they'll release an updated version of the case that'll accommodate the vents better? I was gonna return it, but maybe I'll wait and see what happens. Here are two more pictures:

View attachment 72312

View attachment 72313

It also looks as though it does not support the Touch Cover magnetic feature.
The case seems to keep the Touch Cover from attaching to the bottom bezel.

luke31

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
It also looks as though it does not support the Touch Cover magnetic feature.
The case seems to keep the Touch Cover from attaching to the bottom bezel.

It apparently does; I'm ordering my TypeCover from Amazon (since I have a lot of Amazon credits) so I can't demonstrate it yet, but if you go to the link I posted, it shows a picture of it.

EDIT: Unless you mean the feature where you can prop the keyboard up at an angle; then yeah, it definitely won't work.

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It apparently does; I'm ordering my TypeCover from Amazon (since I have a lot of Amazon credits) so I can't demonstrate it yet, but if you go to the link I posted, it shows a picture of it.

EDIT: Unless you mean the feature where you can prop the keyboard up at an angle; then yeah, it definitely won't work.

Correct. The feature where you can prop the keyboard up at an angle most likely won't work.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Good afternoon Lukasz,

Thanks You!

sincerely

Nick

That's good customer service. Poetic did the same thing when they sold the Atmosphere case for the Lumia 928. The original had plastic between the lens and the flash, which caused lens flare due to light transmission through the plastic. Poetic sent replacement cases to those of us who purchased the original version.

luke31

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
That's good customer service. Poetic did the same thing when they sold the Atmosphere case for the Lumia 928. The original had plastic between the lens and the flash, which caused lens flare due to light transmission through the plastic. Poetic sent replacement cases to those of us who purchased the original version.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome when a company goes out of their way like that. I'll definitely post some pics on this thread when the new one eventually comes in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb