Surface Pro 3 Cases/Sleeves

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It also looks as though it does not support the Touch Cover magnetic feature.
The case seems to keep the Touch Cover from attaching to the bottom bezel.

It apparently does; I'm ordering my TypeCover from Amazon (since I have a lot of Amazon credits) so I can't demonstrate it yet, but if you go to the link I posted, it shows a picture of it.

EDIT: Unless you mean the feature where you can prop the keyboard up at an angle; then yeah, it definitely won't work.

The keyboard sticking to the screen the way it does, IMO, is nothing more than a gimmick, and is actually NOT good for your wrists. I use mine flat unless I'm in a place where I need that extra inch (almost) of space.

More info for the curious:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3/285065-2.htm#post2632332

croakerman33

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I decided to take the plunge on the WaterField Designs CitySlicker MacBook Case as well (made in San Francisco, CA USA!) and wow. A bit pricey but I am very impressed and very happy with my new Surface Pro 3 sleeve. I got the suspension strap and the handle (extra) to have options in the Grizzly Leather, beautiful (http://www.sfbags.com/collections/macbook-cases/products/cityslicker-macbook-case). This is the most I have ever spent on a laptop bag, pack or briefcase but boy, what a difference.

Thanks Saberwalk for posting here.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Up until today, I wasn't planning on getting a sleeve, but heading to meetings I figure it will be nice to have something slim and neat so I can at least have my miniHD display adapter and USB pointer with me whenever I carry the SP3 away from my desk or bag.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Any thoughts from anyone on the size? My link below shows the one for the 13" MacBook Air as I'm nervous about the one in the original link...but I also don't want it to be too loose....but I want it to fit...:winktongue:

Amazon.com: Case Star ? 13-Inch Red FELT Laptop / Notebook Sleeve Cover Case for Macbook AIR 13 "13.3"and 13 inch HP Dell Toshiba ASUS Sony Lenovo Samsung Ultra Slim Laptop Notebook: Computers & Accessories

Whoops...they're the same...sorry....

Grim86

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Any thoughts from anyone on the size? My link below shows the one for the 13" MacBook Air as I'm nervous about the one in the original link...but I also don't want it to be too loose....but I want it to fit...:winktongue:

Amazon.com: Case Star ? 13-Inch Red FELT Laptop / Notebook Sleeve Cover Case for Macbook AIR 13 "13.3"and 13 inch HP Dell Toshiba ASUS Sony Lenovo Samsung Ultra Slim Laptop Notebook: Computers & Accessories

Whoops...they're the same...sorry....

there are some sleeve specially designed for the Surface Pro 3 like this company " water field " but they are very expensive if you add some accessory with the sleeve :cry:

The Tablet Travel Express, a tablet case for travelers ?€“ WaterField Designs

PC Laptop SleeveCase ?€“ WaterField Designs

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This should help your marriage... well maybe not. :-D

Advisor Slimline Laptop Briefcase | Business Cases | Victorinox Travel Gear

I have a similar one that is leather, which I don't think Victorinox makes anymore.

LOL - Thanks! I'm looking for more of a folio kind of thing, though, but something that I could put my mouse and video adapter in if need be. I like the one I linked because it has the pen holders, pouch for mouse, and even a pouch big enough for a note pad, but still stays slim.

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Will the SP3 fit in the 11-Inch MacBook Air version? If so, I may need to order one.

I don't see why not, as long as the case has a little wiggle room.

Dimensions of 11" MacBook Air: 11.8" x 7.56"
Dimensions of Surface Pro 3: 11.5" x 7.93"

Last edited:

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Hey there, ive got the 11" macbook air version and the pro3 fits like a glove! couldn't be happier with it! (well i wish they had the black in stock actually)...

IMAG0467.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

- Adam

Attachments

• IMAG0467.jpg
    IMAG0467.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 33

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
i flat refused to buy the type cover but theres still room in the sleeve for it im sure. I think with the 13" version there would be too much room to the left and right and the tablet would move about inside - Adam

Meh...cheap enough anyway...I'll try the 11" and get the 13" if it doesn't work.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Maroo has nice leather folio cases specifically made for sp3. Unfortunately so nice that the black one sold out in a week and is now on backorder. You can still order one if you want to wait for it to restock and you can also preorder the blue or red ones. They make a sleeve too that you can preorder.
www.maroo.com and search "surface pro 3".

I had one of their folio cases for my sp2. High quality leather, awesome case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb