Just bought Surface Pro 2 :)

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had one for about 6-7 months now (paid a bit more than your did!) and I have no regrets whatsoever, great piece of kit.

Enjoy!

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh I will do, one of the uses will be for my EvE Online Jita alt so can do selling while at work :)

Means can get shot of my big old HP laptop.

How good is the field of view on the webcam? Only ask as often Skype laying on my bed and would but the surface on the side

Kimbie

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
congrats! the SP2 is an amazing machine. you'll love it like the rest of us. I still get people checking out my SP2 and asking questions whenever I'm at a Starbucks.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Good on ya!!! The SP2 is a fantastic note-taking device, a powerhouse (can play Portal 2 on high and easily renders projects in Premiere Pro) and it stands out from the seas of iPads, Macbooks and Galaxy Notes at my school :p

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what else I can now buy in the Windows Eco-system have Win 8.1 PC, a 925, and a Surface on the way and an xBox 260

So I am firmly entrenched in the Eco system now lol

Just need to see about a case for my SP2 now

Kimbie

Robindjuret

May 21, 2014
Visit site
So did I :). The main reason why I didn't wait for the SP3 is that i love the smaller form factor, and performance wise the SP2 seems to handle games and graphics applications better than the SP3 (i5 version). This is probably due to the higher resolution, unusual aspect ratio and worse cooling capability of the SP3.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had the SP2 for a couple of months, since release actually, and it's a great little machine! Congratulations!

I've got the power cover, from the states, as I do a lot of writing on it - battery goes fast, but that's just me!

Enjoy!

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
What I have been waiting for is the UK release of the dock,I can't understand why we can't have it. Buying one from eBay from the states is just to expensive ..

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
What I have been waiting for is the UK release of the dock,I can't understand why we can't have it. Buying one from eBay from the states is just to expensive ..

I actually picked the dock up in a Microsoft brand store in Houston, Texas . They had so many accessories and the price! The pound to dollar meant I paid under ?100!

Such a shame it's not available in the eu, through official channels. You can sometimes pick them up on amazon ( the .co.uk or the .de German store).

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Woohoo its out for delivery today, now just have to wait for it to turn up at work, and for our warehouse guys to deliver it to my desk.

Not looked into the dock side of things yet but will do, still undecided on the type cover as have a MS Mobile 5000 keyboard sat doing nothing along with a mouse.

Is the type cover worth the money?

Kimbie

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought a touch cover as I wanted something slim to protect the screen and thought I might as well get a built in keyboard. I got the old version 2 (not backlit) as there are some good deals to be had. It's ok for short bursts but the mouse response is poor and for any decent amount of typing I use a proper keyboard. I think the newer touch and type keyboards are quite improved however. I still can't decide whether the dock is worth investing in...

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Quick call to MS, are sending me out a new SP2 with the 4300 and letting me send the 4200 based one back.

Happy days

Kimbie

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Not looked into the dock side of things yet but will do, still undecided on the type cover as have a MS Mobile 5000 keyboard sat doing nothing along with a mouse.

Is the type cover worth the money?

Kimbie

I assume you mean the Type Cover 2 and not the original Type Cover. But it is so worth it once you start realizing how portable it is. It's also backlit which is handy. It makes every Bluetooth keyboard or wireless keyboard feel clunky (like the one I have for my iPad 2 is semi-sleek for an iPad keyboard but next to the SP2, it's bulky especially with the case design).

I have a wireless dongle for my USB mouse.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I assume you mean the Type Cover 2 and not the original Type Cover. But it is so worth it once you start realizing how portable it is. It's also backlit which is handy. It makes every Bluetooth keyboard or wireless keyboard feel clunky (like the one I have for my iPad 2 is semi-sleek for an iPad keyboard but next to the SP2, it's bulky especially with the case design).

I have a wireless dongle for my USB mouse.
I cannot recommend the TypeCover2 to anyone at full retain of $130. $75 tops. The trackpad is horrendously bad. Having to tote around a bluetooth mouse defeats the purpose of they sleek TypeCover2. But I have no choice, the trackpad is that bad.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
why use the touchpad when touch is so great? you compare the price of the Type Cover 2 to other keyboards and the price is not so bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss