Surface Pro 3 Pen Nibs and Screen Glass

J0n5ey

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Over the past 15 years I've used various Wacom tablets daily for Graphic Design, Illustration and Photo Retouching, and I'm very interested in the Surface Pro 3 as a creative tool.

With this in mind, today I asked a chat agent on Microsoft store site, about whether or not the nibs of the pen would be replaceable, and was told they would not. I also asked about the likelihood of continued pen use causing scratches and was told the surface is Gorilla Glass and that this wouldn't be a problem.

I'm willing to give the Surface Pro 3 a try and disregard pressure sensitivity concerns until I've tried it, but the lack of replaceable nibs is a worry.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the chat agent was mistaken or thinking of the wacom pens. In the panos panay AMA, they said they were working on different styles of nibs for different drawing experiences. I had an older n-trig Android device and the nibs were replaceable.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I thought I had heard that the pen nibs would be replaceable in the future. I took that to mean that replacements just weren't going to be available at launch. I could be wrong. I suppose it's possible that it is something that they're looking at for the next version instead.

J0n5ey

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I guess time will tell about the nibs. I really hope they will be replaceable, as anyone used to using graphics tablets will know, they do wear down with regular use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss