Greetings.

I am interested in SP3. I like the idea of having light portable device with power of ultrabook for day to day computing.
    Type cover is almost "mandatory" for me, because I would be typing a lot.

Since I have never had a tablet in my possesion, I have question about the type cover 2.

I imagine It will be covering the display all the time ( since it is a cover ), but what happens if I want to use SP3 as tablet ?
    A.k.a after I open type cover and fold it behind SP3.
    Will the keyboard keys be enabled ? Will the keyboard detach ? Can someone please clarify this use case for me ?
    06-03-2014 01:16 PM
    When you fold the keyboard behind the device it will disable the keys automatically and still remain attached to the device, just folded back. (like Apple's Smart cover for the iPad for lack of a better example)

However, it may feel odd pushing the keys when using it, but they won't do anything anyway.
    fancy0479 likes this.
    06-03-2014 01:26 PM
    When you fold the cover to the rear the keys become inactive, the keyboard will remain attached to the tablet till you remove it, the existing one for the Surface Pro works well, I use nothing but my Surface Pro with type keyboard. Jim
    06-03-2014 01:27 PM
    Thanks for explaining this topic to me. It works like I thought it will. :)
    06-03-2014 01:48 PM
    Whenever I want to use my Surface 2 in tablet mode, I detach the keyboard (TypeCover2), flip it around and reattach it. Then when I fold the keyboard onto the back of the tablet, the keys are inside facing the back of the Surface rather than exposed. Two benefits to this approach... protect the keys from getting grit and dirt, or keys catching and popping off and by keeping the hinge folding in the same direction it reduces the fatigue on the hinge that would result in the connector wires breaking.
    xandros9 and fancy0479 like this.
    06-03-2014 01:58 PM