Controllers Wont connect and Games wont play!

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
2 problems!

I've tried the 360 (wireless, but plugged in) and my PS3 controller on my Surface pro 2. They connect and the drivers seem to recongize it! But when I test the controllers it says they aren't connected!

Also I can't seem to play any games on my surface pro 2 through STEAM

Whenever I double click for the game to start running it says Performing first time setup. Installing microsoft directX for windows (step 1 of 1)
it says this for maybe 40 or 30 seconds then disappears and the game doesnt play and the screen doesn't flicker.
What seems to be the problem? I know the SurfacePro 2 can play games, I've seen it play Dark Souls and Skyrim.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do the games you are playing have full controller support? There are some games that only offer partial controller support, and other games do not offer any controller support at all (keyboard and mouse are all that's available).

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
what do you mean "wireless but plugged in"?

you either have a wireless 360 controller that you connect to a PC via the wireless receiver or you have a wired 360 controller for windows.

you cannot connect a wireless 360 controller via a plug and charge kit. that is only for charging.

and yes, the SP2 runs the 360 controllers just fine (I have the wireless receiver) and Steams runs fine as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro