Hello, all.

Are any of you successfully using a 128GB Micro SDXC card on the Surface Pro 2 without any issue?

I'd like to purchase one once I get my SP3, and if it works with the SP2, I'm sure it'd work with 3 as well.

Thanks!
    06-09-2014 01:40 PM
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSD...pUvbUpU2582207

That's what I'm using in my surface pro 2 - works like a charm. And I've not had any odd dismounting issues.

I've got the 256gb, 8gb ram and this helps a lot!! I'm already in the reserved list for the surface pro 3 i7 512gb 8 gb machine; this card has extended the capability of my current machine no end.

Just be careful where you get the card, there are a load of fakes out there.

Good luck!
    california86 likes this.
    06-09-2014 02:06 PM
    That's actually the same one I'm thinking about purchasing. It's actually down $20 (USD) from $119 when I checked it a few days ago, so I was thinking about just getting it now in case the price goes back up before my SP3 arrives.

Thanks for the help!
    06-09-2014 02:47 PM
    My pleasure :)
    06-10-2014 10:26 AM
    Hello, all.

Are any of you successfully using a 128GB Micro SDXC card on the Surface Pro 2 without any issue?

I'd like to purchase one once I get my SP3, and if it works with the SP2, I'm sure it'd work with 3 as well.

Thanks!
    I purchased and returned two SanDisk 128 GB cards to Amazon. Please read the Amazon comments and do a search online including of Microsoft's forums. You will see vey inconsistent functionality. In my case it would simply stop seeing the card at random intervals even when it was in use at the time. Both cards had the same issue and reformatting to and from NTFS and exfat made no difference, as did tricks of creating a virtual drive on the card. Performance was also quite poor - only UFS 1/Class 10 by the most liberal interpretation.

The disappearing card problem is not uncommon and applies to more than Surface products, again, demonstrated by Amazon review comments. In fact it is hamstrung in some of the more popular Android devices as well. SanDisk apparently solves for some by shipping replacements under warranty which suggests it is 1) a problem with the initial stock; 2) that stock was not recalled; and 3) it is random chance as to whether you get old or new stock from Amazon. For me purchasing with the understanding that I may need to immediately request warranty service from SanDisk and then wait for them to send me replacement is simply unacceptable. Since Surface Pro 3 shares some key hardware with Surface Pro 2, particularly at the i5 level, I would expect to be just as unreliable. Actually the other models may be even less reliable since any fix developed SanDisk would predate that hardware. Buy at your own risk....
    06-11-2014 04:50 AM
    You make some really valid points!

That's why I bought the card from Amazon itself - though slightly more expensive than a reseller, the customer service is top notch. You don't have to contact the manufacturer AT ALL. The caveat being I'm referring to UK consumer law, we simply take up our problems with the seller, not the manufacturer. Amazon doesn't have a tech service centre ;)

It's unfortunate you've had the card dismounting and acting odd. I've been lucky in that I haven't had this. Maybe it's a regional batch?

The surface pro 2 has just had another update: The change log specifically mentions sd card improvements. It's probably a driver update that may enhance stability.

I personally advise updating and trying the card. It works for me and may work for you!

Good luck to you both!!!!! :)
    Last edited by Poirots Progeny; 06-11-2014 at 05:49 AM.
    06-11-2014 05:20 AM