Surface Pro 3 In Stock and shipping from TigerDirect.com

gatormike77

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm. On the TigerDirect site even it says "in stock, ships by June 20th." I'll be curious to see if anyone ordering from TD gets it before the 20th. You'd think MSFT would want to be sure that wouldn't happen.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the purple type 3 cover with a memorial discount on Memorial Day and it was cancelled a few days later saying they couldn't meet supply. Despite that, the purple keyboard has shown in stock every single day that I checked it. The last time I looked, that was the only one that is still available there.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is shipping to my office but I'm out of office Monday lol. As soon as my coworker signs for it I'll have him confirm it and report about it on Tuesday when I get back

djca

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the purple type 3 cover with a memorial discount on Memorial Day and it was cancelled a few days later saying they couldn't meet supply. Despite that, the purple keyboard has shown in stock every single day that I checked it. The last time I looked, that was the only one that is still available there.

Placed an order from TigerDirect for the purple cover on 6/12, and the current status is Backordered.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Use tigerdirect with caution.

They frequently lie about what they have in stock, and they refuse returns.

I ordered several video cards through them years ago because they were the only site which had that card in stock. After months of waiting for it to ship (and being assured by their support several times that it was in stock and about to ship) I cancelled the order, verified that the PayPal transaction was void (PayPal won't hold charges open for that long), and found the cards elsewhere.

Literally 1.5 years later I received $1000 worth of hardware from tigerdirect in the mail. Shortly after an email arrived demanding I pay for it because the PayPal transaction voided.... 1.5 years ago. I provided a picture as proof that I had not removed the plastic seal from the boxes, and I would return them promptly. I requested that they pay the shipping; I wasn't going to cover their mistake.

They initially refused to take the return because they apparently don't do returns, ever. After another month of back and forth emails I finally just told them either they accept the return or lose out on $1000 of merchandise- there's no way I'm paying for these.

They then mailed me some shipping labels.

So, congrats for finally doing the right thing TigerDirect, but I won't be shopping with you in the future.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Use tigerdirect with caution.

They frequently lie about what they have in stock, and they refuse returns.

I ordered several video cards through them years ago because they were the only site which had that card in stock. After months of waiting for it to ship (and being assured by their support several times that it was in stock and about to ship) I cancelled the order, verified that the PayPal transaction was void (PayPal won't hold charges open for that long), and found the cards elsewhere.

Literally 1.5 years later I received $1000 worth of hardware from tigerdirect in the mail. Shortly after an email arrived demanding I pay for it because the PayPal transaction voided.... 1.5 years ago. I provided a picture as proof that I had not removed the plastic seal from the boxes, and I would return them promptly. I requested that they pay the shipping; I wasn't going to cover their mistake.

They initially refused to take the return because they apparently don't do returns, ever. After another month of back and forth emails I finally just told them either they accept the return or lose out on $1000 of merchandise- there's no way I'm paying for these.

They then mailed me some shipping labels.

So, congrats for finally doing the right thing TigerDirect, but I won't be shopping with you in the future.

You put forth more effort than I would. With evidence of having canceled the transaction, and having attempted return once, I would have stuck them in a corner, and waited until they decided they would accept the return. Want your grand? Sue me - you sent me something a year and a half after I canceled the order. That's a gift in my book.

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I've never ordered from TigerDirect.com. I've heard too many sketchy stories about them. Nothing that would cause me to believe they are evil; just that they don't have very good service.

The MS Store, on the other hand, has been a fantastic experience for me. I've bought several laptops there and other devices, and they are really good to work with. The ability to buy Microsoft Complete on any device they sell (MS brand or not) is a huge advantage. For me, there's no good reason to buy computers elsewhere. (Obviously, they don't sell parts like video cards, so that's a different story.)

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Isror, can you see if the palm rejection when using the pen is working on your unit? I read that the palm rejection update didn't make it in the launch....so just curious if that's true. Thanks.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Isror, can you see if the palm rejection when using the pen is working on your unit? I read that the palm rejection update didn't make it in the launch....so just curious if that's true. Thanks.

I'm not Isror. But I have used a demo unit. It had palm rejection. They all do. Are you referring to the start button disabling that is on the right side of the device?

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So far I've not seen any issue with palm rejection. I haven't followed the issue too closely so if you have a specific you would like me to try, shout it out and I'll give it a go.

The only issue I've had so far is a little lag on the touch track pad on my blue keyboard, and the fact that when I want to right click I literally need to go over to the furthest right corner of the touch pad to click; otherwise it left clicks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos