Orderthe new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021 right here!

05-21-2015 06:53 PM
101 12345
tools
    Nope. They didn't let me stack it. Oh well.
    Did you cry a little? I find that helps....
    06-20-2014 07:15 PM
    Did you cry a little? I find that helps....
    LOL - No - didn't think of it. Shucks!
    06-20-2014 09:21 PM
    How can you use the 10 percent educational discount at bb if its offered through Microsoft? Someone explain this phenomenon.
    06-21-2014 01:13 AM
    Best Buy has a price-matching policy. Just take in a printout and tell them you want the price match.
    06-21-2014 01:37 AM
    Best Buy has a price-matching policy. Just take in a printout and tell them you want the price match.
    So your Best Buy said they would match the education price but then wouldn't give you their coupon on top of that? That's not right....
    06-21-2014 04:01 AM
    So your Best Buy said they would match the education price but then wouldn't give you their coupon on top of that? That's not right....
    I agree. But hey - I still got it for 10% off.
    palandri likes this.
    06-21-2014 01:53 PM
    First of all, thanks to you all for this thread. Without it, I never would have known some of these deals exist!

Regarding the Best Buy mover's coupon... If you all are intending on finding one, you may want to try and act fast. The first post office I went to gave me an outdated kit which did not contain the coupon. You can see on the outside of the packets that the USPS has a formal start and end date for these kits. While of course some places will still give out the old one, it's only the recent kit that has the Best Buy coupon. This one has a start date of 04/01/2014 and an end date of 06/30/2014. Depending on how many nearby post offices you have at your disposal, you may want to keep that end date in mind if you want a coupon. Hope this helps!
    06-25-2014 03:14 AM
    First of all, thanks to you all for this thread. Without it, I never would have known some of these deals exist!

Regarding the Best Buy mover's coupon... If you all are intending on finding one, you may want to try and act fast. The first post office I went to gave me an outdated kit which did not contain the coupon. You can see on the outside of the packets that the USPS has a formal start and end date for these kits. While of course some places will still give out the old one, it's only the recent kit that has the Best Buy coupon. This one has a start date of 04/01/2014 and an end date of 06/30/2014. Depending on how many nearby post offices you have at your disposal, you may want to keep that end date in mind if you want a coupon. Hope this helps!
    Also, keep in mind that it is 10% off for ONE ITEM. If you want to get more than one item, grab more than one moving packet, and walk into the store more than one time.
    06-25-2014 12:03 PM
    Also, keep in mind that it is 10% off for ONE ITEM. If you want to get more than one item, grab more than one moving packet, and walk into the store more than one time.
    You're existentially being paid to exercise. I'm down with that!
    mozman68 and rdubmu like this.
    06-25-2014 12:05 PM
    You're existentially being paid to exercise. I'm down with that!
    ROFL! That's one way to look at it. You could also put paid shopper on your resume, couldn't you?
    06-25-2014 12:09 PM
    Haha. I figured I should save some for any other deal-seekers nearby. Or, you know, the people moving..

I'm out for a 512GB i7, so this will help a lot.
    06-25-2014 02:02 PM
    Glad people have been finding the moving coupon.

I'm not going on holiday to the USA until end of August / early September. So have to wait until then to get my SP3.
    06-26-2014 12:23 PM
    LOL - No - didn't think of it. Shucks!
    It varies by store, and by customer approach. What appears to work is at checkout, apply all other discounts, rewardzone certificates, and right before paying whip out the 10% moving coupon. They often honor it then. Another way is to return the next day with the coupon and tell them you want to apply it to your purchase.

I was able to stack those last week to get a $900 Macbook Air for $590 for my daughter in college.
    06-26-2014 02:01 PM
    It varies by store, and by customer approach. What appears to work is at checkout, apply all other discounts, rewardzone certificates, and right before paying whip out the 10% moving coupon. They often honor it then. Another way is to return the next day with the coupon and tell them you want to apply it to your purchase.

I was able to stack those last week to get a $900 Macbook Air for $590 for my daughter in college.
    I think the mistake was mine. I whipped out the coupon at the end, but I asked, "Can I use this, too?" and she asked her manager who said no. I should have been a little more assertive about it. Something more like, "Here, I've got this to use, too." But you think they'll apply the coupon if I go back now? 7 days later?
    06-27-2014 08:19 AM
    One more idea: if you have a Discover Card, go to ShopDiscover.com, login and then select the Microsoft Store. You'll get 5% cash back into your Discover Card account. This is not stackable with any other cash rebate options but you should be able to stack it with the 10% Microsoft Store student discount if you are a student.
    06-27-2014 10:16 AM
    One more idea: if you have a Discover Card, go to ShopDiscover.com, login and then select the Microsoft Store. You'll get 5% cash back into your Discover Card account. This is not stackable with any other cash rebate options but you should be able to stack it with the 10% Microsoft Store student discount if you are a student.
    I did that today! I forgot that they charge tax so the 10% turned out to be more like 5% for me, but still awesome of course. I'm just waiting for MS Store to ship my surface...

Is it just me or is the MS store selling the keyboard cover for $116.99? I can't tell if its for the newest type cover or if its the older one.
    Last edited by Grimlock; 06-27-2014 at 10:09 PM.
    06-27-2014 09:31 PM
    Is it just me or is the MS store selling the keyboard cover for $116.99? I can't tell if its for the newest type cover or if its the older one.
    That's the price after 10% off. Are you a student? Did you go through the Student portal?
    06-27-2014 11:06 PM
    That's the price after 10% off. Are you a student? Did you go through the Student portal?
    Yeah...that's probably it. I noticed that once I signed in with the student info, every time I went to the MS Store after that (even when FatWallet took me there) the discounts automatically showed up.
    06-28-2014 06:20 AM
    Yeah...that's probably it. I noticed that once I signed in with the student info, every time I went to the MS Store after that (even when FatWallet took me there) the discounts automatically showed up.
    Yeah you guys are right, didn't realize that it automatically kept me going to the student portal!
    06-28-2014 11:08 AM
    FYI. Microsoft also has a trade in program for the Surface Pro. I got $305 trade in for my old Surface Pro. I also got some cash back for trading in an old 17" laptop and 11" netbook. Not as much as I expected, but the guy who took care of my sale also threw in a bunch of other discounts as well. All told, I got a Surface Pro 3 i5 128GB, with a cyan type cover, and a Snugg electric blue leather folio case for just over $900 including tax.

I walked into the Microsoft store with 30lbs of old stuff and walked out with 5lbs of awesomeness.

Nice job Microsoft! Thanks!
    06-28-2014 12:09 PM
    Yeah you guys are right, didn't realize that it automatically kept me going to the student portal!
    Did they ship yours yet? So glad I didn't pay for expedited shipping. I got my order in at 11:00 AM Friday, got my 10% off (and 4% fatwallet), and UPS has delivery by end of day Monday! Same as next day air, but free!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    mozman68 likes this.
    06-28-2014 07:11 PM
    Did they ship yours yet? So glad I didn't pay for expedited shipping. I got my order in at 11:00 AM Friday, got my 10% off (and 4% fatwallet), and UPS has delivery by end of day Monday! Same as next day air, but free!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    grrrr....think I ordered mine too late on Friday. Still "in process"...oh well...they charged my bank account immediately though.
    06-28-2014 08:09 PM
    FatWallet discount email came through today...with the education discount, saved nearly $200 on i5/256 and keyboard!

FYI...that's a 13.6% savings over list price!
    Last edited by mozman68; 06-30-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    jonty12 likes this.
    06-30-2014 09:50 AM
    FatWallet discount email came through today...with the education discount, saved nearly $200 on i5/256 and keyboard!
    My FatWallet notification came yesterday. I also, through my Firm, get MS HUP for Office/Project/Visio. I got Office Pro + 2013 and Visio Pro 2013 today for a grand total of $19.90 (full retail $399 and $589 respectively), so total savings:
    about $200 from Education pricing/FatWallet
    about $968 from Office Pro/Visio Pro
    Total of about $1168 in savings. Not bad.

Then again, had I bought nothing I would have saved $1,285, so I'm still in the hole!
    06-30-2014 10:38 AM
    I found another deal.

Citibank Credit cards has a cash back program when you shop online. Microsoft is on the list for 4% off any purchase. Combine that with the education discount for 14% total. Not bad and a little less sketchy than FatWallet if you are hesitant to go through them. You do need to have a citibank credit card or account though. I'm pretty sure most major CC companies have a online cashback program like this. I dont think I saw one for AMEX other than the basic 1% cash back
    07-06-2014 02:45 PM
101 12345