Surface Pro 3 deals here!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to point out how unethical it is to lie about your status as a student or a working professional. Deals like this are in place partially to help students, who are currently spending resources to get an education, have access to products at a subsidized rate.

When you lie to take advantage of this offer, you not only cheat Microsoft, but you cheat the students this program is intended to help.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a student (yes, students do come in a flavor this old), and I plan on hitting Best Buy since they have the dark blue exclusive. I don't have an edu email address, since my school (University of the People) doesn't issue email addresses to students, but I'm planning to take a copy of my current class schedule and unofficial transcript with me.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to point out how unethical it is to lie about your status as a student or a working professional. Deals like this are in place partially to help students, who are currently spending resources to get an education, have access to products at a subsidized rate.

When you lie to take advantage of this offer, you not only cheat Microsoft, but you cheat the students this program is intended to help.

oh get a grip. its just tax deducted. microsoft can easily pay that off.

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

It's a deal put in place to help sell hardware to students not an altruistic way to make hardware more affordable. If it was really the latter, like with some of the student software programs, there would be more stringent controls put in place to validate enrollment.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Just fyi..
looked for a cashback deals there and the highest I can find is through UPromise.com at 5%

Sent from my 610-1050y using Tapatalk

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
oh get a grip. its just tax deducted. microsoft can easily pay that off.

Stealing isn't unethical based on how impactful the amount stolen is, it's unethical because it's wrong. It's wrong because you're claiming to be something you're not. You're directly violating the terms of the offer - Microsoft Store Student Offer.

If you're a fan of Microsoft's services and products, why would you steal from them?

It's a deal put in place to help sell hardware to students not an altruistic way to make hardware more affordable. If it was really the latter, like with some of the student software programs, there would be more stringent controls put in place to validate enrollment.

It's both a promotion to sell products and a benefit for students.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Although Microsoft calls it the "Student Offer," the terms specifically include faculty and staff of schools along with parents of students in K-12 schools, colleges or universities. In the case of parents, they must be buying on behalf of their student.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw mentioned on an Apple forum (needed to buy a Macbook Air) That the USPS Post office has a 10% Best Buy coupon in a free "Moving change your adress pack"
Good deal. I'll stop at the Post Office on the way to the office this morning. That way I won't have to deal with the whole talking to the manager thing.

I'd posted this over in another thread, but since this is the deal thread, I'll post it here, too. Last night I stopped in at Best Buy, told the guy I was going to want to get a SP3, and wanted student discount. He said they can only use .edu address. I don't have one, because my school doesn't issue email addresses to students. I told him I could bring course schedule in. He said not good enough. So I left figuring I'd bring course schedule on Friday, talk to manager, tell manager that the only reason I'm at a Worst Buy (of course I'd call it the other name for him) is because they're an hour closer than Microsoft Store, and Microsoft Store offers student discount, and if he wants the sale, then take the discount. If not, I'll drive the hour. But this coupon will save all that.

Thanks, DolphinParty!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Stealing isn't unethical based on how impactful the amount stolen is, it's unethical because it's wrong. It's wrong because you're claiming to be something you're not. You're directly violating the terms of the offer - Microsoft Store Student Offer.

If you're a fan of Microsoft's services and products, why would you steal from them?

It's both a promotion to sell products and a benefit for students.

No one cares!
Let the deals continue.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw mentioned on an Apple forum (needed to buy a Macbook Air) That the USPS Post office has a 10% Best Buy coupon in a free "Moving change your adress pack"

Might help someone? I'm not in the USA so have to wait until September when I next visit to grab a SP3.

Best Buy save 10% on a single item Movers Coupon in the Change your address envelope - Video Game Deals - Cheap *** Gamer

Well, I stopped at the post office and picked up two of the moving packs. No Best Buy coupons. His post office must be better than mine.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, people do care. There really are honest people in the world.

Dude we don't care. Microsoft built it's fortune off of a stolen GUI originally designed by xerox. Trust me this is just business at the end of the day. Keep your morality because it has nothing to do with us saving a few dollars.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Dude we don't care. Microsoft built it's fortune off of a stolen GUI originally designed by xerox. Trust me this is just business at the end of the day. Keep your morality because it has nothing to do with us saving a few dollars.

It has already been demonstrated in this thread that people care - and more than just me. You choose to be a thief, that's your business. But don't make a blanket statement that no one cares. It is a lie from the devil himself, the father of all lies.

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Its nice to know some people still read lol. But the crappy thing about that though is if it didnt work the deal will be over. But I did it with the i5 256 so hopefully it worked cause the deals too good to pass up! Ive never used fat wallet before either. Once its in my account can you just send the cash as a check or into your account?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

I have been using FatWallet successfully. Most recently used it for a few Priceline purchases. The cashback amount was credited as expected to my PayPal account. As the other poster already mentioned, it does work seamlessly. Just log-in to your Fatwallet account, search for the store you want to shop at from within their site and click the link to the store. I forgot to use this when I pre-ordered the SP3 (damn!!!) but remembered at the time of ordering the Type Cover 3. Following ~48 hours of placing the order, I got an email from FatWallet mentioning that a cashback was reported to them by Microsoft Store and it will be available in my account end-July. Bottomline, yes try to use FatWallet - it works just fine!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa