Surface Pro 3 deals here!

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Haha. I figured I should save some for any other deal-seekers nearby. Or, you know, the people moving..

I'm out for a 512GB i7, so this will help a lot.

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Glad people have been finding the moving coupon. :smile:

I'm not going on holiday to the USA until end of August / early September. So have to wait until then to get my SP3.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
LOL - No - didn't think of it. Shucks!
It varies by store, and by customer approach. What appears to work is at checkout, apply all other discounts, rewardzone certificates, and right before paying whip out the 10% moving coupon. They often honor it then. Another way is to return the next day with the coupon and tell them you want to apply it to your purchase.

I was able to stack those last week to get a $900 Macbook Air for $590 for my daughter in college.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It varies by store, and by customer approach. What appears to work is at checkout, apply all other discounts, rewardzone certificates, and right before paying whip out the 10% moving coupon. They often honor it then. Another way is to return the next day with the coupon and tell them you want to apply it to your purchase.

I was able to stack those last week to get a $900 Macbook Air for $590 for my daughter in college.

I think the mistake was mine. I whipped out the coupon at the end, but I asked, "Can I use this, too?" and she asked her manager who said no. I should have been a little more assertive about it. Something more like, "Here, I've got this to use, too." But you think they'll apply the coupon if I go back now? 7 days later?

rabilancia

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
One more idea: if you have a Discover Card, go to ShopDiscover.com, login and then select the Microsoft Store. You'll get 5% cash back into your Discover Card account. This is not stackable with any other cash rebate options but you should be able to stack it with the 10% Microsoft Store student discount if you are a student.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
One more idea: if you have a Discover Card, go to ShopDiscover.com, login and then select the Microsoft Store. You'll get 5% cash back into your Discover Card account. This is not stackable with any other cash rebate options but you should be able to stack it with the 10% Microsoft Store student discount if you are a student.

I did that today! I forgot that they charge tax so the 10% turned out to be more like 5% for me, but still awesome of course. I'm just waiting for MS Store to ship my surface...

Is it just me or is the MS store selling the keyboard cover for $116.99? I can't tell if its for the newest type cover or if its the older one.

Last edited:

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
That's the price after 10% off. Are you a student? Did you go through the Student portal?

Yeah...that's probably it. I noticed that once I signed in with the student info, every time I went to the MS Store after that (even when FatWallet took me there) the discounts automatically showed up.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...that's probably it. I noticed that once I signed in with the student info, every time I went to the MS Store after that (even when FatWallet took me there) the discounts automatically showed up.

Yeah you guys are right, didn't realize that it automatically kept me going to the student portal!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
FYI. Microsoft also has a trade in program for the Surface Pro. I got $305 trade in for my old Surface Pro. I also got some cash back for trading in an old 17" laptop and 11" netbook. Not as much as I expected, but the guy who took care of my sale also threw in a bunch of other discounts as well. All told, I got a Surface Pro 3 i5 128GB, with a cyan type cover, and a Snugg electric blue leather folio case for just over $900 including tax.

I walked into the Microsoft store with 30lbs of old stuff and walked out with 5lbs of awesomeness.

Nice job Microsoft! Thanks!

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you guys are right, didn't realize that it automatically kept me going to the student portal!

Did they ship yours yet? So glad I didn't pay for expedited shipping. I got my order in at 11:00 AM Friday, got my 10% off (and 4% fatwallet), and UPS has delivery by end of day Monday! Same as next day air, but free!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Did they ship yours yet? So glad I didn't pay for expedited shipping. I got my order in at 11:00 AM Friday, got my 10% off (and 4% fatwallet), and UPS has delivery by end of day Monday! Same as next day air, but free!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

grrrr....think I ordered mine too late on Friday. Still "in process"...oh well...they charged my bank account immediately though.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
FatWallet discount email came through today...with the education discount, saved nearly $200 on i5/256 and keyboard!

FYI...that's a 13.6% savings over list price!

Last edited:

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
FatWallet discount email came through today...with the education discount, saved nearly $200 on i5/256 and keyboard!

My FatWallet notification came yesterday. I also, through my Firm, get MS HUP for Office/Project/Visio. I got Office Pro + 2013 and Visio Pro 2013 today for a grand total of $19.90 (full retail $399 and $589 respectively), so total savings:
about $200 from Education pricing/FatWallet
about $968 from Office Pro/Visio Pro
Total of about $1168 in savings. Not bad.

Then again, had I bought nothing I would have saved $1,285, so I'm still in the hole!

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I found another deal.

Citibank Credit cards has a cash back program when you shop online. Microsoft is on the list for 4% off any purchase. Combine that with the education discount for 14% total. Not bad and a little less sketchy than FatWallet if you are hesitant to go through them. You do need to have a citibank credit card or account though. I'm pretty sure most major CC companies have a online cashback program like this. I dont think I saw one for AMEX other than the basic 1% cash back

Plechac123

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

My friend is in the NY during summer and willing to stop by MS store to grab one sp3 for me. Since we are both students, it would be good to have edu discount. The only problem is we are students at the European university.

Are we out of scope of edu discount, or it depends on the sales guy at the ms store ?

Thanks for your experience and answer.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_czech_432 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro