Surface Pro 3 deals here!

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... planning on using that FatWallet with education discount. Are there any catches with Fatwallet? Never heard of them before. Along with that stuff, I just enrolled with Chase for a Chase Freedom card, so they have an additional 1% cash back then for the first 500$ you spend within 3 months using their card you can get 150$ as well.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... planning on using that FatWallet with education discount. Are there any catches with Fatwallet? Never heard of them before. Along with that stuff, I just enrolled with Chase for a Chase Freedom card, so they have an additional 1% cash back then for the first 500$ you spend within 3 months using their card you can get 150$ as well.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

You don't get the money right away... takes about 4-6 weeks... and they send me emails... not many...

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You don't get the money right away... takes about 4-6 weeks... and they send me emails... not many...
Thanks. I read a little more into it, looks like they make money because they're kinda like a place to attract customers, thus advertising products and stores, thus being paid to put stores and what not on their website. Just seemed kinda fishy at first that they'd just be giving cash back like that, but reading more, it makes sense. "No such thing as a free lunch."

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I read a little more into it, looks like they make money because they're kinda like a place to attract customers, thus advertising products and stores, thus being paid to put stores and what not on their website. Just seemed kinda fishy at first that they'd just be giving cash back like that, but reading more, it makes sense. "No such thing as a free lunch."

They certainly do not inundate me with emails... and the deals are decent and with major shops. Certainly worth more than $50!

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I've found deals in the UK to get the price of the i5 128gb version down to ?863.09 from ?958.00 using the student discount, are there any other discounts in the UK for pre-order at the Microsoft store / others?

alisaad619

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the deal :)

I'm going to order the i3 version soon , and I have a question :-
when I order from microsoftstore and ship to New Castle, DE , Do I get taxed or not (when I order from amazon I don't get taxed )

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You still have the education discount session going.

In just signed up for a class at my community college yesterday, and remembered about the education discounts. I've been eyeballing the SP3 all day, and thinking what can I sell to get a 256GB i5.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
FYI. Microsoft also has a trade in program for the Surface Pro. I got $305 trade in for my old Surface Pro. I also got some cash back for trading in an old 17" laptop and 11" netbook. Not as much as I expected, but the guy who took care of my sale also threw in a bunch of other discounts as well. All told, I got a Surface Pro 3 i5 128GB, with a cyan type cover, and a Snugg electric blue leather folio case for just over $900 including tax.

I walked into the Microsoft store with 30lbs of old stuff and walked out with 5lbs of awesomeness.

Nice job Microsoft! Thanks!
Which Surface Pro was that? 1 or 2? 64 or 128?

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
If anyone is really feeling too much guilt from using the educational discount and isn't a student, I noticed there is a small business discount that gives you the same deal (10% off) in the Microsoft store..

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You still have the education discount session going.

In just signed up for a class at my community college yesterday, and remembered about the education discounts. I've been eyeballing the SP3 all day, and thinking what can I sell to get a 256GB i5.
I sold my HP dv6t-SE and my SP2 to pay for my i5/256 SP3. :wink:

If anyone is really feeling too much guilt from using the educational discount and isn't a student, I noticed there is a small business discount that gives you the same deal (10% off) in the Microsoft store..
Got kids? Don't feel guilty. If I remember right, kids in school qualify for the student discount, too (which pretty much opens it up to a whole lot of people).

mitchellvii

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Right now BestBuy has $100 off the i5 plus $100 off for student discount plus %10 ($100) off with Mover's Discount from Post Office. That's $300 off shiny new SP3 i5.

ozzman0830

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey mitchellvii, how did you use both coupons? They won't combine when ordering online. Did you have to do the purchase in store? Thanks!

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
As a Adobe CC Subscriber, I got ?400 (around 25%) off an i7/512. Only that specific model and only with a black keyboard. Got the code in an email. Wife now has my i7/256 - she was going to get one anyways, after playing with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99