Buy Back or Trade In

lorenzoscott78

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 2, 512 8 gig I purchased 6 month ago. I like the new size of the Pro3 however I spend lots of money for the PRO2.

I do not want the hassle of selling it on EBAY or Craig list. I am looking to see if there are any good buy back or trade in program

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Not that I've seen. Trade-in for these tend to be way too low. Personally I go with craigslist. Good description, pictures, fair price, and it'll sell it no time.

jeres88

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really found eBay or Craigslist to be that much of a hassle. I think the Microsoft Store has a trade-in program, but you will, at best, get half of what you would selling it on craigslist or ebay.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
A friend used to work at Best Buy and told me about their trade in program since I always upgrade. I did research. 0-6 months you get 50% back in trade in value. 6-12 months you get 40%. Way too low for me. I just sell on Ebay or a forum.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 2, 512 8 gig I purchased 6 month ago. I like the new size of the Pro3 however I spend lots of money for the PRO2.

I do not want the hassle of selling it on EBAY or Craig list. I am looking to see if there are any good buy back or trade in program

Try Glyde com. Real simple and easy.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Or look on facebook and see if someone has set up a yard/garage sale site for your area. In my area there are three that I know of, and I know my wife looks at more of them than I do. I'm about to sell one of my PCs on one of them. I got a $500 offer today, and if it goes through, I'll take it. It's a four year old HP dv6t with 8GB, 750GB, i5, Blu-Ray burner, and touch screen. Not a bad deal.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Ebay isn't bad. Just make sure you have your selling preferences setup correctly to keep out the bidding non buying trolls. Still don't expect to get much for it. The Surface line does not have a high resale value.

I sold mine for about 1/2 price which is why I'm holding off on the SP3 to buy one of yours later in the year. :)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Trade-in value on Best Buy is $665. You might also check swappa.com. Looks like the average price for a SP2 is 740, but obviously yours is a higher spec'ed item, so maybe you can get more.

If you edit your listing preferences like the poster above mentions, eBay really isn't a bad option. I've had great luck selling my devices there. You could also sell it on this website, but I must warn you that you'll get all kinds of absurd low ball offers. I've sold maybe 6 or 7 devices here, and it's always like pulling teeth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon