09-13-2015 10:58 AM
80 ... 234
tools
    I tried to look at one at Best Buy and they didn't have one on display. In your opinion, would the pen work for taking notes in class? I'm thinking of getting one for my son in college.
    I definitely think so. That is one thing that Microsoft is really marketing it for. One thing that isn't as nice as paper, is that it is hard to write on small print. The pen is almost like writing in one of those thicker pens. I really enjoy taking notes with mine, but my sister tried it and didn't really like it very well, because she said it was more clumsy than paper notes That said, I would definitely advise you to have your son try it out on a demo unit if you can find one somewhere. I would hate for you to spend 1k+ on something that he didn't like to use very much.

Posted via Surface
    tallarob likes this.
    06-28-2014 03:15 PM
    Has anyone confirmed whether or not the right mouse click button on the pen will forward a power point slide or any other "advance" feature in other programs?

Wondering if I will still need an external USB pointer.
    07-02-2014 08:17 AM
    Has anyone confirmed whether or not the right mouse click button on the pen will forward a power point slide or any other "advance" feature in other programs?

Wondering if I will still need an external USB pointer.
    Unless there is a third party solution (or a setting hidden somewhere) then no. It doesn't advance anything while in a PowerPoint presentation.

Posted via Surface
    07-02-2014 09:03 AM
    Thanks...mine finally shows up this afternoon so I'll have a chance to screw around with it.
    07-02-2014 09:47 AM
    About the pen not working... I had the same problem and found my answer. Inside the battery compartment is a little spring that presses the battery and completes the circuit. IT CAN FALL OUT. Shake your pen... if it rattles, you've lost your spring (the cap button operates on a second, different battery). To fix, just wad up a small piece of aluminum foil and cram it in to substitute for the spring. Worked perfectly for me. I tried a segment of paperclip but the pen got HOT. Watch for this. Cheers.
    09-13-2015 10:58 AM
80 ... 234