I received my Surface Pro 3. Ask me anything!

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Today I received my Surface Pro 3. I have been playing around with it a bit, and am really loving it. This topic is intended for people who are on the fence about getting one, and where you can ask quick questions you may have about it to help your purchase decision. Just ask away, and I will try to answer the best I can.

Chad

Posted via Surface Pro 3.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking blue from Best Buy, but having gone in and looked at it in the store, I'm starting to have second thoughts. Not as gung-ho after seeing it with the silver Surface.

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking blue from Best Buy, but having gone in and looked at it in the store, I'm starting to have second thoughts. Not as gung-ho after seeing it with the silver Surface.

I really like the black with the SP3, and the colors are very nice together. The black type cover actually looks slightly gray to me, but it is very close to black.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Aetherius

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Kinda crazy how the loud the fan got while installing the updates. Did the same thing happen to you?

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a question, does the new place for the Home button make it harder to use (a pain in the bum)?

It does sometimes. I have accidentally pressed it several times in landscape; however, I didn't accidentally trigger it in portrait. Hopefully Microsoft gives a way to disable it, as I doubt I will use it much anyways.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site
It does sometimes. I have accidentally pressed it several times in landscape; however, I didn't accidentally trigger it in portrait. Hopefully Microsoft gives a way to disable it, as I doubt I will use it much anyways.

Oh thanks, now my Sister can get one... she's been holding out because of that

Aetherius

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have never even heard the fan running yet. Updates are installing now, and still don't hear it.

Hmm that's weird, cause mine is still running even though it's finished installing the updates. I'll observe how it behaves the next few days of use.

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Also on a scale of 1 - 10 what's your experience with your Surface Pro 3? Thanks

I would say an 8 so far. It is an amazing device; however, it still has a few software quirks, and the pen has to be pressed to the screen too hard to reach maximum pressure curve. It is a little hard for me to get used to, since its so light, and small compared to my nearly 5 pound 17" laptop. In summary, I love it and would not trade it for anything else right now; however the kickstand and keyboard may take a little more to get used to than a conventional laptop.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia 2520 and have a problem with it being not very sensitive to touch - particularly when using IE. Sometimes I need to touch several times to check a box on a form - often times having to enlarge the screen for it to recognize the touch. Has this been an issue with the Surface Pro 3 at all?

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Haha :p

I got the black one, since it seemed the most 'professional' to me, and none of the other colors really fit my personal taste.

yeah, I used to worry about that too... My first two surfaces and all laptops before hand were all purchased with the boardroom in mind... With the last surface, I bought the black type cover and a blue touch cover... It was just and really made my surface POP! There was nothing about it that took the professionalism down. Everyone liked it... I will be getting a blue/cyan cover for the surface 3.

The thing I worried more about with the colors was a dirty environment... Well, I am very clean person and I should not have worried in the first place. The cover stayed clean and at the same time is easy to wipe/clean.

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia 2520 and have a problem with it being not very sensitive to touch - particularly when using IE. Sometimes I need to touch several times to check a box on a form - often times having to enlarge the screen for it to recognize the touch. Has this been an issue with the Surface Pro 3 at all?
The screen on the Surface Pro 3 seems very responsive. I can click on small buttons without any issues, and sensitivity seems excellent. On the topic of the screen, I LOVE the screen. It is so much better than my older laptop. The resolution is great, colors are vivid, and viewing angles are excellent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb