RDC From SP3 to PC- No Touchscreen Support??

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So I want to use RDC -Remote Desktop Connection on the SP3 to a PC. It connects fine but when you try to use the touchscreen it just acts like your dragging the mouse around on the PC. Is there a way to get the touchscreen to function properly on the remoted system?

TIA

acsn

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Could it be a poor network connection? Touchscreen works fine when I do remote desktop connection from SP3 to a PC.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Nah, network is fine, very strong signal. It's all internal and we have dedicated connections for our group.
The screen works, just doesn't react as it it where a touch screen on the remoted system.
e.g. I can grab the scroll bar on the remoted system and slide up and down using the SP3 touch screen, but I can't just flick up and down on the touchscreen and get it to scroll on the remoted system.

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the Metro remote desktop app or the regular desktop windows remote desktop program?

I am using the Metro app and it is recognizing all the touch screen motions.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried both. It recognizes the touch but if I want to scroll by swiping up and down on the touch screen, it doesn't scroll on the remoted system.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is the PC you are connecting to running Windows 8? I can confirm that the typical touch gestures work fine when connecting to a Windows 8 PC using desktop RDP. I don't have anything else to test against, but it wouldn't surprise me if older versions of Windows don't recognize touch motions properly. Maybe the commands are being dumbed down or lost in the translation between Windows versions.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
They're all Windows 7 machines and that thought did enter my mind. I'll have to try it with one of the Windows 8 systems at home.
UPDATE: From M$, it won't work unless the remoted system has touch hardware. Still going to check on one of the Windows 8 systems though ;)

Last edited:

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Huh, I was connected to my server running Server 2012 on it, and it has no touch hardware on it. I think it may have to do with trying to rdp to a specific version of windows, as 2012 also has most of the interface of Windows 8.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Just used RDC on my Server 2012 box and a Windows 8 system(that doesn't have any touch hardware) and it worked fine on both.
EDIT: Even enabling RDP 8 on the Win 7 boxes didn't help.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Touch over RDP is only supported on Server 2012 and Windows 8.x, it wasn't built into the RDP Host until the most current iteration of the code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte