did anyone download the n-trig Software update yet?

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I got the N-Trig driver update, but I'm using Photoshop CC 2014.
Quick search shows a lot of people having this issue with CS6. But I did find this:
On your tool bar:
1. there is a tab for brushes, if you can't find it go to window > brushes or press F5
2. tick shape dynamics, see size jitter, select on drop down menu pen pressure my setting for everything on that panel was 0%. there is a preview at the bottom play around with the setting see if you can get a line which starts thin then it becomes thick and goes back to being thin.
3. And them tick other dynamics and change the setting of Flow jitter, pen pressure.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks zoso. just found it, but configuring it to actually pressurize it is hard. id been playing with it for 10 min now. I can only change the shape of the sides, but it doesn't thicken as I press down.

wynand32

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm not 100% up-to-date on active digitizers lately, but don't we have to install the Wintab drivers to enable pressure sensitivity in Adobe apps? Might be something to research...

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% up-to-date on active digitizers lately, but don't we have to install the Wintab drivers to enable pressure sensitivity in Adobe apps? Might be something to research...
N-trig updated it:
N-trig has released updated Wintab drivers for the device [Surface Pro 3]. The following applications were tested and shown to be compatible with the new drivers:

Anime Studio Debut 9.5 Version 9.5 build 9768
Crayola PhotoFx studio 1 Version 1.5.0.42, 1.5.0.46
Flash Professional CC Version 13.1.0.226
Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Version CS6
Corel Painter Version 12.2.0.703
Sculptris
MyPaint Version 1.0.0
Mischief Version 1.12
Zbrush Version 4R6
Adobe DreamWeaverCS6 Version CS6
Adobe Photoshop element 12 Version 12.0.20130925
Krita Version 2.8.3
Substance Painter Version 0.5.0
Downloads & Drivers - N-trig

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just installed, but I don't have time to try it out before church. I'll try to let y'all know tomorrow if I notice anything different, but I haven't used the pen much yet to begin with, so who knows if I would even notice.

wynand32

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Isn't that what we're talking about here, or are they two different things?

Sorry, yes, I didn't click through to the link. There are actually two sets of drivers involved. First are the N-trig digitizer drivers, which allow the basic pen functionality in Windows. That's what I thought was being referenced. Then there are the Wintab drivers, which are the middleware drivers that enable touch support in apps like Adobe. Didn't realize that's what was being linked.

Sorry for the confusion.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, yes, I didn't click through to the link. There are actually two sets of drivers involved. First are the N-trig digitizer drivers, which allow the basic pen functionality in Windows. That's what I thought was being referenced. Then there are the Wintab drivers, which are the middleware drivers that enable touch support in apps like Adobe. Didn't realize that's what was being linked.

Sorry for the confusion.
It's all good ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss