"Sleep" has disappeared from my shut down options, and my power button is suddenly being weird.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
"Sleep" has disappeared from my shut down options, and my power button is suddenly being weird.

When I first got my surface pro 3, hitting the power button would put it to sleep where I could easily resume.

Within just the past day; however, sleep has disappeared and I only have the options of shut down and restart... and furthermore, the power button on the top now puts it in hibernation.

Any clue what may have happened?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Sleep" has disappeared from my shut down options, and my power button is suddenly being weird.

It sounds like Connected Standby was somehow disabled. Did you enable Hyper-V, by any chance?

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Sleep" has disappeared from my shut down options, and my power button is suddenly being weird.

Or install Visual Studio? (It adds the Hyper-V role by default)

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Or install Visual Studio? (It adds the Hyper-V role by default)
I did. I got Visual Studio 2013 for free from the college I attend, and I'd been waiting to install it until I got my Surface Pro 3.

I definitely see Hyper-V everywhere now, but haven't the slightest clue what it is or how to disable it.

EDIT: I'll beat the "Google Search is your friend" crowd to the occasion. Killed it from Windows Features.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

I did. I got Visual Studio 2013 for free from the college I attend, and I'd been waiting to install it until I got my Surface Pro 3.

I definitely see Hyper-V everywhere now, but haven't the slightest clue what it is or how to disable it.

You might want to check this out: http://winsupersite.com/mobile-devices/surface-pro-3-tip-hyper-v-vs-connected-standby

*edit*
And this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/hyper-v-run-virtual-machines

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss