I love the smoothness of the newer windows operating systems but I noticed something on my new SP3 that bothers me. When you flick the screen and scroll it scrolls as smoothly as any tablet I've ever used including the iPad which is the gold standard for smoothness imho.

If you hold your finger on the screen and scroll it has a slight jitter that the iPad doesn't have. This is especially noticeable if you touch the screen from the middle and move your finger over to the side. Maybe I'm just being anal but I wanted to see if anybody else noticed this. Smoothness and a fluid UI are the most important features in a tablet to me and so far this is the only gripe I can come up with. Love the new Surface :)
    06-25-2014 05:51 PM
    I noticed scrolling through web pages with my finger is really rough, with the mouse it's perfectly smooth though.
    06-25-2014 07:19 PM
    Yep me too. There must be something about the digitizer that is doing this. It's annoying but not a deal breaker.
    06-25-2014 08:51 PM
    Yup noticed this too. Wonder if its fixable but not a deal breaker here either.
    06-25-2014 10:18 PM
    i have noticed this too. comparing SP3 to SP2, SP2 just feels more smooth. it almost feels like at times, the CPU is throttled and i noticed some slow downs. I did a test launching applications at the same time btw SP2 and SP3 and the sad part is SP2 is quicker and feels a tad bit snappier. sigh. one step forward, two steps back.
    06-25-2014 10:21 PM
    I've noticed when scrolling in Chrome it's pretty jittery, but in IE11 it's smooth as butter.
    06-25-2014 11:58 PM
    Are you plugged into AC when you notice this? I don't have an SP3 but I had another tablet that had jumping scrolling only on AC power. On battery power it was smooth.
    06-27-2014 02:30 PM
    It's done it in both but I think it's me just being picky more than anything else. I haven't noticed much today. The scrolling on the surface is much like the iPad (because of shared patents I would imagine) and I think I just got really used to using the iPad. Every time I see the surface use the bounce back feature it's almost as if I'm using a larger iPad which is a good thing imho.
    06-27-2014 02:34 PM