All was going great with my new baby, until I noticed this

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
dust.jpg

A big hunk of dust under the glass, there is actually another piece too... Now to figure out who to deal with, insight.com or the microsoft store. Do they handle warranty issues at the stores?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Aw man that's real bad. I think Microsoft would definitely handle warranty issues at the store. I've never heard of/seen something like this happening to any computer before!

berfles

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm in kind of the same boat only I have a dead pixel. Talked to chat and they said they have no policy on number of pixels and that I could exchange at the store if the store had stock. Otherwise I'd have to call the number and start the process for a return that way.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
How did it happen? The glass is glued shUt. and It couldn't have possibly traveled thru the air vents.

berfles

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
During my wild events of trying to find a "perfect" SP3 I also noticed one that had a large speck of dust. MS's QC seems to be very bad with this first batch. Between that and all the dead pixels/fault magnets I've experienced, I've never had so much trouble trying to find a good device.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
During my wild events of trying to find a "perfect" SP3 I also noticed one that had a large speck of dust. MS's QC seems to be very bad with this first batch. Between that and all the dead pixels/fault magnets I've experienced, I've never had so much trouble trying to find a good device.

They need to hire my wife. She has spent 40 years as a quality inspector. Currently, she inspects motors that are being sold to the US Navy and the nuclear power industry. The documents that she signs for each motor have to be kept - in hard copy originals - for forty years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99