Connected StandBy doubt

Jugler

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

When my Surface 3 Pro goes to Connected StandBy mode it seems to be turning off WiFi and Bluetooth.

I noticed this because I usually stream Xbox Music and have my bluetooth headset connected and the moment the screen goes off I can hear the bluetooth headset disconnecting, or the music stops streaming. Also when I click anything I can see the red WiFi indicating there is no connection, and it takes around 30 seconds to connect again...

Is this the expected behaviour?, my Dell Venue Pro does not behave like this... anyone has seen something similar?

jameskk1

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Xbox music continues to stream on mine. But I'm playing through the built in speakers. Currently the Spotilite app does not continue playing during connected standby.

dborden

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Cisco Anyconnect VPN client and it also disconnects when the system goes in to connected standbye. In fact if I have the system plugged in and set to not sleep for 2 hours after ten minutes or so the screen goes black to save power and if I touch it and unlock it the vpn client is reconnecting. It should not be doing this since i have it set to not sleep for 2 hours. I can only assume when the screen goes black after a little while that the network adapters are forced to sleep or something.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Not an expert here, but what I've read says that only modern apps making use of the connected standby API are able to take advantage of it. For all others, the surface behaves just like a normal laptop.

My WiFi is staying connected when the screen is off for sure. I was working from my daughter's softball game last night tethered to my phone and even though my surface was off, my phone still showed a connection.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Wifi works for me, but I haven't been able to test out Bluetooth. I know that it works because I was downloading a game in the background.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers