SP3 Headphone Audio

Fred Mertz

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Exactly how "loud" is the SP3 suppose to be? I went into Best Buy today to check out the quality of the upgraded sound and with headphone's they let me try off the floor to test it with, I proceeded to go through each SP3 they had on display (4 in all) and in each case, the volume was barely audible. I cranked the music player up to max as well as the headphone volume control and as I said before, you could barely hear anything. Anyone else having this issue at all with their own SP3 at home or did I happen to stumble across the 4 crappiest floor demos, all with the same problem under one roof?

Fred Mertz

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Do you use high quality headphones with high impedance?

No idea what brand they were. It was an over-the-ear type of headphone. It looked good and felt good. It wasn't the lowest quality off the floor. But it wasn't anything on par with Beats or anything of that quality either.

wertzius

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Good over-the-ears (Sennheiser, Beyerdynamics, AKG, and so on) often need amplifiers to work properly. They have a higher impedance of 250-600 Ohms, inears often have only 32 Ohms. BEATS are crap by the way, but that is another topic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6