Standby/Sleep Mode giving me battery issues?

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Woke up this AM, threw my SP3 into my bag with charger. Was at 100% battery but when I went to bed last night, I didn't power down, just closed the keyboard on it to put it into sleep or hibernation, whatever it does.

Anyway, went to airport, checked in, took out SP3, booted up (which btw, was also an issue as it would not come out of sleep normally...I had to hold power key and then power back up...and that's after updating the machine a couple days ago).

I looked and noticed that in 2.5 hours, I went from 100% to 70% and the SP3 was in sleep mode. Anyone else experienced anything like this as well?

This worries me since I need to take a 4 hour flight and looking to really use this on the plane...now I fear I will not be able to put it through it's paces because of this.

I switched from MacAir to this last week. MacAir battery is good...was getting 7-9 hours of pretty heavy use with brightness down and keyboard backlighting off or low. I do a lot of Gmail, browsing, document editing, etc.

My MacAir also if you closed it and put it to sleep, would not lose even 1% of a charge. Loved that portion of it.

I really do like this machine a LOT. I used it this week to present to a group over GoToMeeting and using PPT. It was fantastic. Very impressed.

However, battery life is an area that consumers pay very close attention to. And I NEVER believe what they say, subtracting between 10-15% from their tests to get real world use. That being said, I'm only getting 4-5 hours unplugged, and that is with setting pretty low (50% brightness, keyboard on, using Chrome, using Office apps, but really, no video at all to speak of).

However, my biggest worry is now going to be whether I can just close the keyboard up on it and it goes to sleep while not losing a charge, or at the very least, very little.

Thoughts on this?

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I am actually getting 8+ hours of use, unplugged and have not experienced any battery/wake issues. Ive had wifi on 100% of the time as well as blue tooth. I use it for browsing and word processing most of the time. You may want to return yours.

karinto

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried looking at the powercfg reports? Also, Chrome drains the battery, even if only running in the background.

powercfg /energy

powercfg /sleepstudy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)