Microsoft didn't charge me for surface pro 3. Only keyboard. Yet I still got the tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeakanice

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So, Today I checked my bank account statements online as I do every week to ensure everything is correct. However, I was surprised to find $1300.00 more was on my bank account statement than was suppose to be. So I looked over my bank statement one item at a time and I noticed that Microsoft only charged me for the keyboard.

Originally Microsoft had charged me for both the keyboard and the tablet. Which was around 1500. Now however, it's just the keyboard being charged. What do I do? And I mean who do I contact to straighten this out. I don't want to get into any kind of trouble for not notifying Microsoft.

Also let me add I preordered it and got charged the 19th like most other people

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
leave it and don't spend the money...they'll figure it out pretty quick.

If you notify them, I gaurrantee they will charge you twice....

Alligator42

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found their customer service reps to be very good, so I'm not sure calling would help. I, called recently to have them remove an expired credit card from my account and they couldn't do it. Weird.

mikeakanice

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found their customer service reps to be very good, so I'm not sure calling would help. I, called recently to have them remove an expired credit card from my account and they couldn't do it. Weird.
Well the weird thing is it had been taken out. As in not just pending but completely taken from my account. Now all of a sudden it's back in there.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
As much as I'd love that to be the case I suck at being dishonest. Even though I'd know it wouldn't hurt Microsoft in the least.

Probably be better. They get to say the SP3's sold x units, and you get a free SP3. Who knows, maybe they did it on purpose and you won an internal contest.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As much as I'd love that to be the case I suck at being dishonest. Even though I'd know it wouldn't hurt Microsoft in the least.

Don't ruin this for the rest of us; I feel joy through you getting a free surface vicariously. If you really want, I will sell you my SP3 for $1300 and you can give me yours. I'd gladly relieve you of this burden!

Honestly I think a better idea would be to wait like 6 months and see if they charge you ,and if not then just donate the money to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation if you don't feel comfortable keeping it. Just don't give it to MS!

coolqf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Wait at least 7 days after you receive the device. You really don't know their accounting practices. They could easily be giving you a refund because item hasn't shipped yet. You don't want a rep accidentally charging you a second to!e simply because they didn't understand the corporate practice well enough.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just keep quiet and have money if they ask it. Its very possible they wont ask it and its also as possible they will. Stuff like that hapens, and believe me they can afford it. Their own fault anyway. Although since the money was forst taken and then returned, that seems it could be the card issuers problem, if that would be the case, they will notice it and charge you again.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Would suck for them if they tried to charge me twice. I used a debit card. :winktongue:
Well even if you used a debit card, it is still linked to your account so you will get charged twice :p (unless you cancel it, not saying you should however as that would be lodged on your credit file)..
Also if your actual balance and current balance are showing a difference of 1300.00 then it is being processed so it will take several days or maybe a few weeks to clear, however if they both are the same then it may be worth while phoning your bank to find out what happened. As they do place stops on large transactions if it is not the norm for your account as a fraud prevention measure regardless who the payee might be.

mikeakanice

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Well the thing that really sucks is I was planning on returning it and waiting for the broadwell because I am not happy with the battery life. So now I'm nervous about my bank account getting screwed up and them trying to come after me for money I don't owe them in the end.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Well the thing that really sucks is I was planning on returning it and waiting for the broadwell because I am not happy with the battery life. So now I'm nervous about my bank account getting screwed up and them trying to come after me for money I don't owe them in the end.

I would call MS, get it sorted and then do the return and all is square. You sound like an honest person. Do the right thing. Karma is a b1tch. .

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So, Today I checked my bank account statements online as I do every week to ensure everything is correct. However, I was surprised to find $1300.00 more was on my bank account statement than was suppose to be. So I looked over my bank statement one item at a time and I noticed that Microsoft only charged me for the keyboard.

Originally Microsoft had charged me for both the keyboard and the tablet. Which was around 1500. Now however, it's just the keyboard being charged. What do I do? And I mean who do I contact to straighten this out. I don't want to get into any kind of trouble for not notifying Microsoft.

Give it a few days, they'll get it. I went through the same exact thing.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Don't do anything right now. If you report it now they may charge you right away and when they realize later you haven't been charge when you placed the order, you might get charged again. It's a lot easier for them to take the money from your credit card than getting them to return your money if they double charge you.

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

login with your Microsoft account credentials to https://commerce.microsoft.com -- this is where they will show you the billing details. It might give you a better picture / clue about what may have happened...

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
so...ordered my SP3 and keyboard Friday afternoon and was charged for the full price (minus the education discount).

Today I notice that the charge is completely gone yet I receive an email from FatWallet that I'm getting my discount through them....and then I just received an email with a single tracking number for both the SP3 and keyboard....yet no new charge on my bank account.

I'm sure it will hit, just wondering when as I also used my debit account....we'll see....maybe I'm getting both for free...:winktongue: (not likely...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12