Pen doesn't open OneNote

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Got my SP3 today. All okay so far, but clicking my pen doesn't do anything when OneNote isn't open. It doesn't open it. Is there a way to reset the pen? Or a setting to get it to work the way it should?

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The pen works. Perfectly. In every application. Clicking it doesn't do anything.

Thinking out loud... the two watch batteries... where were

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay, the pen is now connecting properly and clicking opens OneNote, but flipping it over to use the "eraser" doesn't work. The eraser side does nothing other than open OneNote when clicked. Is there a trick I don't know about?(very likely)

I think I'm stuck in the following territory from the troubleshooting guide:

Pen writes, but right-click or eraser button doesn’t work

If the pen writes, but the right-click button and eraser button don’t work, contact us.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The SP3 pen "eraser" doesn't work like the SP1 and SP2 do. It's just a button to open OneNote, not an eraser. To erase with the SP3 you push and hold the button closest to the pen tip. The other button is used to enable the select tool in OneNote.

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The SP3 pen "eraser" doesn't work like the SP1 and SP2 do. It's just a button to open OneNote, not an eraser. To erase with the SP3 you push and hold the button closest to the pen tip. The other button is used to enable the select tool in OneNote.

Thanks. Got it on the eraser. "right click" button doesn't work consistently though. They're sending me a new one. Pretty easy on the phone with tech support.

TywinnLannister

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I think this is a bug though. Sometimes after a while the clicking doesn't open OneNote anymore, it doesn't do anything. I have to restart my computer.
It may be a software bug, but does anyone experience this?

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think this is a bug though. Sometimes after a while the clicking doesn't open OneNote anymore, it doesn't do anything. I have to restart my computer.
It may be a software bug, but does anyone experience this?

I had to remove my device and re-pair it on day 1, which is what triggered this thread, but that hasn't repeated itself. I'll see how the new one performs. Worst case scenario (actually best case scenario), I now have two styli and saved $50 on the second one.

TywinnLannister

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if this is hardware related stuff?.. my wireless keeps disconnected too.. and sometimes it just disappears from the network list. I know it's not the router because my other devices have no issue with it.

I'm thinking of returning it and get a new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720