05-07-2015 06:00 PM
62 123
tools
    I got logitech T630 BT Mouse, it's awsome ,very little but can do everything, love it , only cost me $17 from dell.ca after $50 free coupon applied.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    You wouldn't happen to know where I could get another one of those coupon codes would you? I've been considering the T630 for a little while, if I could get it for that cheap I'd gladly pick one up.
    07-14-2014 10:59 PM
    I got this for $10 from dell.ca after $50 coupon used, was paid $15, but today I found it's on sale , $5 cheaper than I paid, so call dell to get my $5 back, so far so good, love the win8 touch function.
    07-14-2014 11:21 PM
    You wouldn't happen to know where I could get another one of those coupon codes would you? I've been considering the T630 for a little while, if I could get it for that cheap I'd gladly pick one up.
    Are you in Canada, if you subscribe dell.ca by your email, you could. I got 4 $50 coupons, dell is awesome .
    07-14-2014 11:24 PM
    Are you in Canada, if you subscribe dell.ca by your email, you could. I got 4 $50 coupons, dell is awesome .
    Yep, I'm in Canada. Tried subscribing by email, but unfortunately I only got a 10% off coupon. Ah well, it was worth a try, thanks!
    07-14-2014 11:43 PM
    Yep, I'm in Canada. Tried subscribing by email, but unfortunately I only got a 10% off coupon. Ah well, it was worth a try, thanks!
    My main email which is dell account email didn't receive the coupon, but other 4 email accounts for junk mail got the coupons ,LOL funny.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
    07-14-2014 11:47 PM
    Do you know what are the technical differences from this compared to arc touch surface edition?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-14-2014 11:50 PM
    Do you know what are the technical differences from this compared to arc touch surface edition?

Sorry, never use MS mouse before, only Logitech .
    07-15-2014 03:16 AM

The Surface edition has BT LE, the regular one has a dongle.
    07-15-2014 09:02 AM
    I have the arc touch mouse (surface edition), and I love it. It gets a lot of wows from observers too for it's looks and functionality.
    07-15-2014 03:19 PM
    Ugh. I guess depending on how bad the third is maybe cut off the bent corner and use it. Depends on how bad it is compared to how much the dust bugs you, vs spending for another pack.
    I wrote to them, sent a couple pics, and they're sending me a replacement for the damaged one. Great customer service.
    07-16-2014 10:14 AM
    I wrote to them, sent a couple pics, and they're sending me a replacement for the damaged one. Great customer service.
    Good to hear!
    07-16-2014 10:25 AM
    I would not say it is my favorite accessory, but this Bluetooth GPS receiver takes care of a deficiency in the SP3.
    09-04-2014 07:54 PM
    I would not say it is my favorite accessory, but this Bluetooth GPS receiver takes care of a deficiency in the SP3.
    Does this work with Here Maps, or what are you using? I've got an old (like probably 10 years old) BT GPS that I may have to dig out.
    09-05-2014 10:13 AM
    Does this work with Here Maps, or what are you using? I've got an old (like probably 10 years old) BT GPS that I may have to dig out.
    I'm using it with Microsoft Streets and Trips 2013 and it works fine. I don't know about any other nav apps. Your app and device would likely need to support GPS NMEA 2.0. As far as I can tell pretty much all modern devices do support that protocol. A GPS 10 years old might be more problematic. It works with BT and USB by showing up as a COMM port device. You select the port for BT (COMM3 in my case) or USB (COMM5) in the app and it finds the device.
    09-05-2014 01:53 PM
    I'm using it with Microsoft Streets and Trips 2013 and it works fine. I don't know about any other nav apps. Your app and device would likely need to support GPS NMEA 2.0. As far as I can tell pretty much all modern devices do support that protocol. A GPS 10 years old might be more problematic. It works with BT and USB by showing up as a COMM port device. You select the port for BT (COMM3 in my case) or USB (COMM5) in the app and it finds the device.
    Yeah, that's how mine worked way back when. I used it with an older version of Streets & Trips, as well as with, oh, I can't think of the name of it, but an old program that came with a USB GPS unit. DeLorme or something like that.
    09-05-2014 06:50 PM
    Update - I finally pulled out my Holux M-1000 Bluetooth GPS receiver. I had used it probably ten years ago with a laptop in the car, using one of the then-popular mapping software packages (I'm thinking it was DeLorme's Street Atlas, but I'd also used Streets and Trips, too). Back then I had to install their software (the disk of which, God only knows the location - and even he probably needs GPS to find it). If memory serves, I had to install some kind of BT serial port driver to make it work.

Well, out of curiosity, I turned it on (and there was still juice in the battery), and went to BT settings in Windows 8.1. I connected to it (guessing the 0000 password correctly), and then turned it off. I opened Here Maps, and it showed my location about two miles away from here. I turned the GPS unit back on, and in less than 5 seconds, it snapped right to my house.

So the answer to my previous question, "Does it work with Here Maps" is yes. It does.

EDIT:
    On second glance, it worked because it was plugged into the PC by USB. I'd plugged it in to charge the battery in the GPS unit. Once unplugged, it won't connect. So apparently I do have to find other drivers for it to make it work. But, still, the answer to my question is that yes, Here Maps does work with a GPS input.
    Last edited by hopmedic; 10-13-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    10-10-2014 04:01 PM
    Received some toys:

1. Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse
    2. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000

The Arc Touch BT Mouse is nice, but not an all day mouse due to my large hands. However for mobile use away from my desk and laying in bed, it is nice. I'm still getting use to the double tap center touch buttons.

The keyboard is nice too. Since it is curved, it feels comfortable and doesn't strain my wrists. Both were very simple to setup. I will try to pair them to other devices later.

Next, I was looking at the MS Miracast device or a Roku (for the same purpose). I'm not a subscriber to the streaming services ATM.
    11-07-2014 04:54 PM
    What do you think of the BT mouse? I've been tempted, so I can get rid of the dongle, and I love my Arc Touch Mouse, but I've been so far dissuaded by the reviews that say that it disconnects frequently.
    11-07-2014 07:14 PM
    As for the BT, I haven't had any disconnects nor any issues of any kind. My only obstacle is learning where to double tap for the center button. Keep in mind that I'm using it on a Dell M3800 and on an Android tablet until my SP3 arrives. I wanted to test on my Dell, because it is so finicky with BT devices and the Arc is flawless. I"m using it right now. My only dislike, is that I wish it came in optional colors. The gray is very plain.
    11-07-2014 09:06 PM
    Thanks. I'm going to have to give it some thought. Spending that much money when I already have two Arc Touch mice, when I'm still looking for a job, is kind of hard to justify. But I may do it when I get a job. I have an interview scheduled for Monday morning - hopefully something good will come of that.
    11-07-2014 10:46 PM
    Keep your head up. I was in your shoes 13 months ago. Since then, I've been promoted into middle management and prepping for upper management soon. Things can change quickly. At least you are starting with the SP3. I'm just getting into the fun.

My wife is wanting the Arc too now that she got to play with it last night. She is also eyeing my new BT keyboard now. Two techies is getting expensive.
    11-08-2014 11:14 AM
    Lol!
    11-08-2014 10:00 PM
    For those of you who bought microSD cards to expand the storage, are you finding any limitations with doing so?
    11-09-2014 09:24 AM
    The Miracast Wifi Adapter is an absolute joy. So much faster and easier to watch movies on the big screen from Netflix or HBO Go on my Surface than via the Xbox 360. And reading e-mail or surfing the net from across the room or viewing photos from OneDrive as a slide show. Friends are amazed.
    11-10-2014 11:46 AM
    The Miracast Wifi Adapter is an absolute joy. So much faster and easier to watch movies on the big screen from Netflix or HBO Go on my Surface than via the Xbox 360. And reading e-mail or surfing the net from across the room or viewing photos from OneDrive as a slide show. Friends are amazed.
    Are you experiencing any lag people are reporting? Also it was said that it wouldn't past DRM material like Netflix. Did you have to do anything different or special?
    11-10-2014 02:40 PM
62 123