SP3 Accessories - Your Favorites?

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
To me, it is an improvement. It isn't as good as writing on paper (I don't think any of them will give you that), but it is a lot better than writing on oiled-up ice.

Thanks again for recommending this. I agree completely. Not as good as paper, but much, much better than the glass. Overall a huge improvement to the "touch" experience (although the now one tiny bubble continues to drive me nuts).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for recommending this. I agree completely. Not as good as paper, but much, much better than the glass. Overall a huge improvement to the "touch" experience (although the now one tiny bubble continues to drive me nuts).
LOL - I think that's why they sell a three-pack. So you can screw up the first two applications practicing!

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
LOL - I think that's why they sell a three-pack. So you can screw up the first two applications practicing!
I screwed up the first one big time. The second one has the tiny bubble on the left side. The third one was damaged in transport (about a 2 mm bend in the bottom left corner making it useless). I felt like I was disarming a bomb when applying the second one knowing there was no backup.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I screwed up the first one big time. The second one has the tiny bubble on the left side. The third one was damaged in transport (about a 2 mm bend in the bottom left corner making it useless). I felt like I was disarming a bomb when applying the second one knowing there was no backup.
Ugh. I guess depending on how bad the third is maybe cut off the bent corner and use it. Depends on how bad it is compared to how much the dust bugs you, vs spending for another pack.

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got logitech T630 BT Mouse, it's awsome ,very little but can do everything, love it , only cost me $17 from dell.ca after $50 free coupon applied.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

You wouldn't happen to know where I could get another one of those coupon codes would you? I've been considering the T630 for a little while, if I could get it for that cheap I'd gladly pick one up.

yonghong

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
You wouldn't happen to know where I could get another one of those coupon codes would you? I've been considering the T630 for a little while, if I could get it for that cheap I'd gladly pick one up.

Are you in Canada, if you subscribe dell.ca by your email, you could. I got 4 $50 coupons, dell is awesome .

yonghong

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I'm in Canada. Tried subscribing by email, but unfortunately I only got a 10% off coupon. Ah well, it was worth a try, thanks!

My main email which is dell account email didn't receive the coupon, but other 4 email accounts for junk mail got the coupons ,LOL funny.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. I guess depending on how bad the third is maybe cut off the bent corner and use it. Depends on how bad it is compared to how much the dust bugs you, vs spending for another pack.

I wrote to them, sent a couple pics, and they're sending me a replacement for the damaged one. Great customer service.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Does this work with Here Maps, or what are you using? I've got an old (like probably 10 years old) BT GPS that I may have to dig out.
I'm using it with Microsoft Streets and Trips 2013 and it works fine. I don't know about any other nav apps. Your app and device would likely need to support GPS NMEA 2.0. As far as I can tell pretty much all modern devices do support that protocol. A GPS 10 years old might be more problematic. It works with BT and USB by showing up as a COMM port device. You select the port for BT (COMM3 in my case) or USB (COMM5) in the app and it finds the device.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm using it with Microsoft Streets and Trips 2013 and it works fine. I don't know about any other nav apps. Your app and device would likely need to support GPS NMEA 2.0. As far as I can tell pretty much all modern devices do support that protocol. A GPS 10 years old might be more problematic. It works with BT and USB by showing up as a COMM port device. You select the port for BT (COMM3 in my case) or USB (COMM5) in the app and it finds the device.

Yeah, that's how mine worked way back when. I used it with an older version of Streets & Trips, as well as with, oh, I can't think of the name of it, but an old program that came with a USB GPS unit. DeLorme or something like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea