SP3 Accessories - Your Favorites?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Myself, I hate a glossy screen. Give me matte or give me death. So I couldn't wait to find a matte screen protector for my Surface. On the SP2 I used an Incipio Plex anti-glare screen protector. They haven't come out with one for the SP3 yet (though I did contact them, and they are working on it). In the meantime, I found one on Amazon for a MUCH lower price (paid $19.99 for the Incipio 2-pack).
Amazon.com: [3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector For Microsoft Surface Pro 3 + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

It's a three-pack (vs. two for the Incipio), and it was under $7 with shipping. I received mine on Saturday and put it on immediately. This is the first time I've gotten a screen protector of this size on absolutely perfectly. Now that's not as much a function of the screen protector as it is of my having had plenty of practice, though. I love the anti-glare property - it is just right. The fit is right, it doesn't adversely affect the touch properties of the screen or the writing ability of the pen. I highly recommend it. As Siskel and Ebert used to say, "Two thumbs up."

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
That one is sold out, here's a new link, lots of colors to choose from: Amazon.com: pen loop: Office Products

I picked up this mouse because it has the windows button, tilt-scroll wheel, bluetooth, and super-cheap (was $20).
Amazon.com: Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (H3S-00003): Electronics
Capture.JPG

I would also recommend this if you want to hook it up to a projector or external monitor:
Amazon.com: Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to HDMI/DVI/VGA Male to Female 3-in-1 Adapter in Black: Computers & Accessories
Capture.JPG

yonghong

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I got logitech T630 BT Mouse, it's awsome ,very little but can do everything, love it , only cost me $17 from dell.ca after $50 free coupon applied.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Lenner Smith

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
well, anybody tried such case:
Amazon.com: Hapurs Microsoft Surface Pro 3 wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Touchpad - Portfolio PU Leather Stand Case / Cover for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12 inch Windows 8.1 tablet Only: Computers & Accessories It looks good, but seem blocks the kickstand.
71RI8%2B-oWjL._SL1500_.jpg

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That one is sold out, here's a new link, lots of colors to choose from: Amazon.com: pen loop: Office Products
I must have gotten the last one! :wink:
I picked up that same one in white.

Personally, I wouldn't use that case for a couple reasons. First, even though not much, it does cover part of the airflow ports, and could lead to overheating. Second, with the keyboard being not attached, and being BT, that's one more thing to have to charge. That's something I like about the TypeCover. Nothing there to charge. And third, you lose the functionality of the beautiful kickstand that the SP3 has. It looks nice, but functionally, and engineering-wise, I'm not a fan.

As for a mouse, I like the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse.
Amazon.com: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse - Black: Computers & Accessories
I've had mine for about two and a half years, if memory serves (I actually have one at work and one for my Surface, and my wife has one as well), and what I like is that it flattens out (which turns it off), to fit nicely in a thin bag/sleeve. There's a Surface version, and I think the only difference is that the scroll bar is black, though it may have BT to eliminate the USB receiver, but I've never had good experience with BT mice, so I haven't looked for that.

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Myself, I hate a glossy screen. Give me matte or give me death. So I couldn't wait to find a matte screen protector for my Surface. On the SP2 I used an Incipio Plex anti-glare screen protector. They haven't come out with one for the SP3 yet (though I did contact them, and they are working on it). In the meantime, I found one on Amazon for a MUCH lower price (paid $19.99 for the Incipio 2-pack).
Amazon.com: [3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector For Microsoft Surface Pro 3 + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

It's a three-pack (vs. two for the Incipio), and it was under $7 with shipping. I received mine on Saturday and put it on immediately. This is the first time I've gotten a screen protector of this size on absolutely perfectly. Now that's not as much a function of the screen protector as it is of my having had plenty of practice, though. I love the anti-glare property - it is just right. The fit is right, it doesn't adversely affect the touch properties of the screen or the writing ability of the pen. I highly recommend it. As Siskel and Ebert used to say, "Two thumbs up."

Got mine installed today. Love the feel of the screen. Love the cut down of the glare. Love the lack of fingerprints. ... hate that I've got two tiny dust fragments on the edge; the tiny bubbles are driving me nuts.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Does it help reduce fingerprints?

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

looks great..thanks for the link. does it have cutouts for the front camera and microphone?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's kinda funny. The ONLY accessories I have specifically for my SP3 is the Snugg leather folio (Electric Blue), a display port to HDMI adaptor, and the cyan Type Cover. I haven't needed any other accessories. And the display port adaptor is a holdover from my old SP1.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My favorite accessory for my SP3? The spare power supply I have at work. Since I set up a power plan to keep the SP3 awake and keep the screen on all the time when on power, I have weather RADAR on screen all day when I'm not using the SP3 for other stuff.

Last edited:

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site

How does that protector effect your pen experience?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12