No Right click on Type cover

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
It's Stopped working - i think it's a software bug rather than hardware - anyone else seen this?

:(

​yup - not hardware - it works for one time when i plug and unplug the type cover - then stops -- really microsoft ?.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've not seen that problem. However, the firmware update I got yesterday apparently updates the type cover firmware as well. I think that is true because I did the Windows/Firmware updates without the type cover connected. Later, when I did connect the type cover, something new installed.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine has always worked pretty well, but the firmware update yesterday corrected all my other minor type cover issues associated with disconnecting and reconnecting... scrolling, touch pad input... all works perfectly now.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
i think i might have a bad cover? - if i right click in the bottom right. of the type cover it works, the middle it does not .. weird - it can't be hardware can it?

kevroc

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
i think i might have a bad cover? - if i right click in the bottom right. of the type cover it works, the middle it does not .. weird - it can't be hardware can it?
That's how my Thinkpad works, the bottom right is the "zone" for the right-click, nowhere else on the trackpad registers it. Maybe in the firmware update they more specifically defined the zones.

mrmike95

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Have you found out why yet?

I have a Surface non-Pro 3. Both the tablet and the Type Cover have been replaced a few times now. This is extremely annoying. When I right-click, it doesn't work unless it is all the way to the bottom right of the trackpad. I was hoping they would fix this within a few firmware updates...Doesn't seem that way. Especially now that the Surface 4 is almost here.
:(

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It has to be in the very bottom corner of the touchpad. There is no way for the touch pad to tell if you are using your 2nd or 3rd finger, it can only tell taps in a certain zone are intended to be right clicks. Both of mine work that way, and it is acceptable to me.

mrmike95

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for not seeing this for 10 months!
I don't mean any gestures (Not sure if those work), I mean the right side of the trackpad, on the bottom, is normally seen as a right-click on any device with a trackpad. On the Surface 3, my finger, no matter what finger, has to be allll the way in the corner for it to be a right-click and not a left-click. The right side of the trackpad should not be seen as the left side!

Anyway, my Surface 3 has unfortunately fallen to its doom and lost it's touch capability, so I sent it to Microsoft...Thanks anyway, everyone :)

Looks like there is no solution to this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs