Keyboard Track Pad issue?

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm just wondering if I am losing my mind or if this is something others have noticed.

I have wiped my keyboard cover off over and over again, cleaning it. Why?

The trackpad feels "gritty" almost like there are little pieces of sand rolling on it as I move my fingers over it.

Thought no big deal..probably dirt or something is on it. Yet, whenever I clean it, still feels the same. Washed my hands thinking it's just my skin, but that's not the case at all. It's strange.

Good news is my keyboard is really clean!! But cannot figure out what this gritty sandy feeling is I have when I use the trackpad. Just wondering if I'm the only one that this is happening to?

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It actually has embedded glass beads in it. While I think it has a nice feel, someone with sensitive fingertips might find it gritty.

Microsoft also made a big point about the trackpad on the Type 3 cover. If you have used any of the prior keyboard covers, you will know that the trackpad was mostly for looks and offered little usability. Thankfully, the Type 3 trackpad is now larger and covered in glass beads. The clicking mechanism has been reworked as well and offers a much more solid "click" sound and feel than the previous generation. In short, it feels like a real trackpad and is actually useable.
Surface Pro 3: An update to the Type cover, a dramatic improvement in usability - Neowin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo