Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
There's so much back and forth on this on other sites, it's confusing. I need a bottom line answer here.

I have 12 employees who's calendars I am subscribed to on Google Calendar. As a company, we use Google Apps for business.

I want to be able to add ALL of those calendars into Outlook Calendar and have it update automatically like it does when I use it on Chrome.

There seems to be a lot of "this workaround and that workaround" options. I imported my Google Calendar into Outlook, but it's only for me, and it does not refresh or auto update. I've added more events and it did not update in Outlook.

Is this just a case where it simply will not work right now due to Google limiting that function?

Anyone know FOR SURE what the answer is?

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Since you have Google business accounts, you have ActiveSync. As such, it should be possible to add all the calendars to Outlook. If you are trying to do it with the built-in Metro calendar, I'm pretty doubtful about that. However, I have not tried to. I will try later this evening though.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
By the way, given the nature of these forums, this is totally inappropriate to say but, what you are trying to do would be a breeze to do on my BlackBerry Z30 (phone). I could have all 12 account feeding into a consolidated calendar with each event assigned a different color. And since it is all ActiveSync, they would sync in realtime.

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My Z30 handles it beautifully as well, but back to topic, OneCalendar has solved my multiple Google calendar issue for me. I'm using standard google calendars, not business accounts, but I imagine business accounts work as well. During setup they even have a help section for multiple google calendars.

Try OneCalendar. The only hiccup I've seen is that I can't seem to set it as my default calendar in windows.

wertzius

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
He can simply use active Sync with the Google Business Account. No need to import anything, no need for workarounds. Works great with Outlook, I can't say anything about the Metro version.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
According to what I've found, Outlook 2010 will synch just fine, however, Outlook 2013 can only access them using IMAP, but you won't get updates after you've imported the calendar. This is a known issue; it was Google who turned off the ability to use active sync with Outlook and Exchange. It's the same for other Google services as well. Google is trying to break Microsoft's dominance in the productivity and business services arena.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99