Logon delay after powering on.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
My Surface experiences a significant delay with screen swipe and log on of about 30 or more seconds. The only way to bypass the issue is with the keyboard. is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, what have you done to resolve? I may have to go to MS store for an exchange, but would rather not...

mreilly07

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes! Curious if others have the problem too. My delay is more like 10 to 15 seconds but its quite frustrating and my Surface Pro 2 had no delay. I tried a clean boot and no difference. Almost seems like the touch screen takes a bit to turn on. Perhaps it's a hardware defect after all?

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Decided to bite the bullet and exchange the device. Everything is functioning perfectly now. mreilly07, if you have the option to exchange, just do it. good luck!

mreilly07

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing! Just got back from the local Microsoft store and they did a swap as well. They did a fill reset first to confirm it wasn't a software issue. Sure enough seems like the touch sensor was faulty on ours and took awhile to power up. Very happy now! thanks again and enjoy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss