Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

Hi guys, my first post here.

Ever since I got my Pro 3 on launch day I've had these issues. When I first start the Surface, the touch screen will not respond. In a few seconds, it will come back and it might act normal. The second issue happens every so often. This will be hard to explain so bear with me. If you hold one finger in the middle of the screen and use another to swipe on the start screen, you will zoom in and out or do some other weird things because you have two fingers on the screen. This is what happens with only one finger on screen. I can actually see the print on screen like you are putting your finger on screen. A reset solves this, but the screen won't respond. Kind of like this:

There's also an issue where the WiFi shuts off at random and won't come back without a reset. The Pro 3 is an excellent device but with these issues it's very frustrating. Should I just send it back and get another? I really don't want to since I have everything on it already. Thanks for any help.
    07-27-2014 12:27 AM
    First, try cleaning the screen with a 50/50 solution of 90% isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. Do NOT spray on screen, use a clean cloth, wet it in the solution and wring it out completely to just damp, and wipe off the screen. Then dry with a dry cloth.

If that doesn't work, you have defective touch screen. Contact MS for a RMA number.
    07-27-2014 10:02 AM
    I had the same issue as did someone else on here who started a thread about it. Search for my posts and you'll find it. It's defective hardware. Mine would do the same upon boot. Brought it to an MS store and they swapped it out, no issues since. Good luck!
    07-28-2014 10:28 AM
    07-28-2014 10:30 AM
    Thanks, looks like I might have to exchange it. Going to be a pain since I have everything on the Pro 3 already.

If I ordered online, can I exchange it at an MS store? I don't know if the one by me is still open since it was just a temporary store though.
    07-28-2014 02:33 PM
    Yes. I bought mine at best buy and no issues bringing to the store. Good luck.
    07-31-2014 08:00 AM
    Hi guys, my first post here.

Ever since I got my Pro 3 on launch day I've had these issues. When I first start the Surface, the touch screen will not respond. In a few seconds, it will come back and it might act normal. The second issue happens every so often. This will be hard to explain so bear with me. If you hold one finger in the middle of the screen and use another to swipe on the start screen, you will zoom in and out or do some other weird things because you have two fingers on the screen. This is what happens with only one finger on screen. I can actually see the print on screen like you are putting your finger on screen. A reset solves this, but the screen won't respond. Kind of like this:

There's also an issue where the WiFi shuts off at random and won't come back without a reset. The Pro 3 is an excellent device but with these issues it's very frustrating. Should I just send it back and get another? I really don't want to since I have everything on it already. Thanks for any help.
    Having a very similar problem, not sure what to do

Update: Brought it back to Microsoft and they swapped it out the moment they saw they saw the screen not responding after a reboot. Didn't even think twice, they labeled it as defective and sent it back to corporate. They said they have seen this a few times now and gave me a brand new one
    Last edited by AR2186; 08-02-2014 at 06:36 PM.
    07-31-2014 04:15 PM