Desperately need help! I need a Surface 3 Recovery Image.

Phoenix Nguyen

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I brought a surface 3 i5 256 in Japan, thinking I could change the language over to English (as according to the Microsoft).

You can, however a lot of the menu items are still in Japanese. For example right clicking on the icons on the start menu still bring up the options in Japanese.

I spent a few hours on the phone with Microsoft and they said that the best solution is to somehow get a US English Surface 3 Recovery Image.

I don't have any friends with Surface 3. I couldn't find it online and anywhere to download. So I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me one.

Many thanks in advance,

- Phoenix

Phoenix Nguyen

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Tried all that, adding in the English language pack.

However, strangely enough it doesn't fully change the language to English. As mentioned above right clicking on the icons on the start menu still bring up the options in Japanese. Whilst in desktop it's in English.

Called Microsoft and said not much I can do except get an US Recover Image for the Surface 3. They even admitted that they really drop the ball on this one.

- Phoenix

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
What about wiping the Surface and "reinstalling" Windows 8.1 from a USB thumb drive? I'm sure there is a way to do it, and you can probably get the Windows ISO from Microsoft's website. Just make sure to create a Japanese recovery image on a separate thumb drive in case something goes wrong

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb