How long did it take to get your sp3?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What shipping method did they use? I preordered the i7 version about a month ago. They charged my card today and said it would ship Friday. What kind of wait am I looking at?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
About two hours. The time it took to drive down to the Microsoft Store with a laptop, netbook, and and SP1, trade them in and walk out with a brand spanking new SP3. 30 minutes of that was driving... the traffic sucks here in Hawaii.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
What shipping method did they use? I preordered the i7 version about a month ago. They charged my card today and said it would ship Friday. What kind of wait am I looking at?
Excuse an answer that sounds obnoxious but the wait time is whatever it said for the shipping method you chose. If you selected two days, it is two business days from date of shipment. There is really no mystery about how long it takes. Unlike the occasional Amazon package that arrived same day regardless of method when I lived in Scottsdale (a major distribution warehouse is in Phoenix), Microsoft ships on the day stated by the method chosen. There is the rare occurrence of something going out a day early but it is mostly automated and happens when they say. The only thing that will otherwise occasionally move things a day early is if (ironically) it is coming by ground and you are nearer the depot. FedEx Air will always go to Memphis first and take precisely the number of days specified whereas ground shipments take as long as it takes to get from A to B.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I cancelled my original order for the 256 and placed a new order for the 512 over the phone with MS. The rep never asked for a shipping method choice, and it's not reflected on the order receipt.

Anyone have a relevant, useful answer? I'm 0\2 so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss