It's Patch Tuesday - Do you know where your updates are?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've installed all the Windows Updates, but the firmware update wants me to have the battery fully charged, even though I'm plugged in, before it will let me install. I'm at 38%, so I guess the firmware update will wait until morning.

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and installed them all about an hour ago, no hiccups to speak of. My battery was probably around 40 or 50%, which Windows deemed enough to conduct the update.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Found and installed firmware and patches without incident. Bluetooth is not any better and may be worse. It still refuses to hold a connection to my headset unless there is audio streaming. The constant disconnect/connect makes the BT headset unusable. It's time Microsoft hired BlackBerry to fix Bluetooth. On all my BB devices, BT works perfectly.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There must have been a lower limit of 40% for the battery when it came to installing the firmware update, because about 5 minutes after I posted above, I tried again and it worked. I haven't noticed anything different yet - still have my same problem with having to turn wifi off and back on to get it to work after waking from sleep.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There must have been a lower limit of 40% for the battery when it came to installing the firmware update, because about 5 minutes after I posted above, I tried again and it worked. I haven't noticed anything different yet - still have my same problem with having to turn wifi off and back on to get it to work after waking from sleep.

That is so odd. I'm assuming you have the i5 version with the Marvel AVASTAR Wireless AC adaptor. I have the i5 128GB version and I don't have this problem at all. I've checked my wireless adapter settings to see if there is a turn off wireless while in sleep mode setting, and I don't see it.

I have the Marvel AVASTAR Wireless AC adaptor with a driver date of 6/20/2014.

At home, I connect to a 5.8GHz network though instead 2.4GHz. But, I've taken this to Starbucks and connected to their Google network, which I'm sure is 2.4GHz without having to turn my wireless off then back on.

I am wondering if some non-visible setting got turned on. I perused the registry, but didn't find anything obvious. Of course, I'm not familiar enough with the registry to know what to look for.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it is weird. But the wifi doesn't turn off when it goes to sleep. It's weirder than that. When I wake it up, the icon in the system tray isn't the wifi icon (the bars), but the icon for a wired connection. It shows connected at first, but the first time anything tries to hit the internet, it changes to the limited connection icon. Then I have to turn off/on the connection (swipe from right and click wifi, or tap the internet connection in the system tray, then turn wifi off/on), and then it will connect. I'm guessing that it may have something to do with having the Windows Phone SDK installed, and the emulators using Hyper-V, but I don't know for sure. I haven't felt like uninstalling/reinstalling Visual Studio, because that is always such a pain, with all of the VS add-ons that are installed, too. Getting it all back the way you had it is always such a pain. For that reason I haven't tried, and opted to live with it so far, hoping each month that it will be fixed by patches. Alas....

EDIT: Oh, and yes, I have the i5 256.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it is weird. But the wifi doesn't turn off when it goes to sleep. It's weirder than that. When I wake it up, the icon in the system tray isn't the wifi icon (the bars), but the icon for a wired connection. It shows connected at first, but the first time anything tries to hit the internet, it changes to the limited connection icon. Then I have to turn off/on the connection (swipe from right and click wifi, or tap the internet connection in the system tray, then turn wifi off/on), and then it will connect. I'm guessing that it may have something to do with having the Windows Phone SDK installed, and the emulators using Hyper-V, but I don't know for sure. I haven't felt like uninstalling/reinstalling Visual Studio, because that is always such a pain, with all of the VS add-ons that are installed, too. Getting it all back the way you had it is always such a pain. For that reason I haven't tried, and opted to live with it so far, hoping each month that it will be fixed by patches. Alas....

EDIT: Oh, and yes, I have the i5 256.

Try going into device manager and revert to the original drivers, not the ones from launch day. I have done this and no longer have Wi fi issues. Seems that only certain networks will have this issue.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Try going into device manager and revert to the original drivers, not the ones from launch day. I have done this and no longer have Wi fi issues. Seems that only certain networks will have this issue.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried, though, the rollback option is greyed out. I tried uninstalling the devices, restarting, and letting them (network devices) reinstall, but that didn't do it either. :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos