This might seem like a really silly question, but given I am new using Windows (again) and haven't really used the store that much, I'm curious how apps are updated through the store. In Android, you get a little icon that tells you. In iOS, you get the notification icon in the App Store. What about Windows store?

I read that OneNote app was updated for Windows but don't know how to check it...is it auto updated?
    08-19-2014 03:45 PM
    I believe the apps now auto-update. I actually don't notice updates at all these days.
    08-19-2014 03:54 PM
    This might seem like a really silly question, but given I am new using Windows (again) and haven't really used the store that much, I'm curious how apps are updated through the store. In Android, you get a little icon that tells you. In iOS, you get the notification icon in the App Store. What about Windows store?

I read that OneNote app was updated for Windows but don't know how to check it...is it auto updated?
    Windows, auto update.
    Last edited by Nokia5110; 08-19-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    08-19-2014 04:10 PM
    Apps update by themselves, but sometimes take a while (day at most) to realize that there is one. If you know of an update, such as todays OneNote, and want to get it right away; go into the store, open charms, settings, then app updates. From there you can press check for updates.
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-19-2014 04:11 PM
    You can also turn auto updates off. I do as I like to see what has been updated personally
    08-19-2014 04:25 PM
    You can still manually check if you have updates .. I am still not sure how Windows does it.. once per 24hrs maybe ? I dunno.

But if you

open store - charms - settings - app updates - check for updates

you can see if there are any updates that the auto system hasn't installed yet.
    08-19-2014 04:52 PM
    I see what you mean. But what I meant is that when an update is available my phone takes it straight away. I have no idea what the update was for. It I set it to manual I can see what the update is for. Just me being o.c.d with it 😊
    08-19-2014 05:04 PM
    But what I meant is that when an update is available my phone takes it straight away. I have no idea what the update was for. It I set it to manual I can see what the update is for. Just me being o.c.d with it 😊
    Sadly most developers completely omit proper change logs or just add a perfunctory "fixes and enhancements" line as if they're doing us a big favour.
    08-19-2014 09:23 PM