New Issues with every Update

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's just my machine, but I am getting incredibly frustrated now with my SP3.

I have the i5 version from launch day. At the time, I was not experiencing some of the issues of wifi connectivity dropping out, issues waking from sleep, etc.

over the last 2 updates, that actually changed and this machine is now running worse than before.

After the 1st August update, my keyboard started acting crazy. The trackpad was not working properly, sending my cursor all over the place when it was at rest. I could type fine with it, but that was it.

I switched the keyboard and nothing changed. Furthermore, I had to remove and reinstall the drivers to get the new keyboard to work.

Now, with the latest firmware update, when the SP3 goes into sleep mode, it does not recognized any wifi connections at all. I have to reboot the system to make it work.

You would think for the price of this machine, which granted, I love when it's WORKING, these types of issues would be ironed out well ahead of time.

I want the Surface line to be successful but when things like this crop up on machines like this, it really hurts the brand and the line.

I had a MacAir that never gave me issues, great battery life, etc. But I wanted a fully capable Windows machine that wasn't neutered for Office. This solved that problem and also doubles as a tablet.

These types of issues makes it hard to really LOVE the device, as I had over the 1st month I owned it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experience many errors. The only error I ever got was when I pressed the button on the pen and it opened up OneNote just fine but the OS couldn't be unlocked. I rebooted and it has worked perfectly since

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6