To sleeve or not to sleeve. (Poll)

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I know there is a thread about popular sleeves to purchase but I wanted to know how many of you actually are using a case or sleeve when traveling with your SP3. The SP3 is a laptop replacement and typically you don't sleeve a laptop, but this device is a tablet with laptop replacement parts. I tried a sleeve from the case/sleeve thread but returned it to Amazon. Just wanted to see how many of you actually are using a sleeve.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not totally sure yet. I had my fiancee make me this sleeve out of a soft fabric for my Surface RT and I've used it most of the time it's been traveling with me. I might just have her make a new one for SP3, but (perhaps cos of the sleeve) my Surface RT has managed in a quite pristine condition, in the bag so it makes me wonder if I really even need one. I'm careful with my stuff anyways and there's gonna be the keyboard covering the screen anyways, so it'd only reall just protect the back of the device. Well, and obviously some little shock absorbing.

But I wouldn't get any case that would be on permanently, so if something, some kind of a sleeve for when it travels in the bag, but these are durable things and it does sorta slow down using the device when you always have to take it out and put it back in.

Crumble Shake

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't wanna come even close to scratching that gorgeous screen, or the metal shell for that matter. At the very least, I'd have it in a sleeve when it's in a bag so the rest of the contents of the bag doesn't scratch it somehow.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a Swiss carrying case from Best Buy for my SP3. I wanted something that has handles instead of a sleeve that might potentially slip out of my hand for any reason.

Mine cost around $40 and it was the 14" Swiss case, which is most of bags are of this great brand. It has a side pocket for any extras. The SP# fits in the bag just perfectly.

2asusase

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Marcellus1

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
If I didn't have all the other stuff I carry around with it, I may be tempted to go without. However, I want to be able to carry my arc mouse, stylus, charger, a voice recorder, a pen, headphones, USB stick, etc. I use these things regularly with it, so I have a case that is slim but lets me have everything with me wherever I go.

4407725_sa.jpg4407725cv1a.jpg

One thing I like about this case too is the versatility. Just like the Surface can be a laptop, tablet, etc and transform to different positions/configurations, this bag can as well. The shoulder strap can be removed and the rings that it attaches to hide in pockets. The handles also have pockets to hide in. So, it can be a sleeve, handbag or shoulder bag.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use a sleeve to carry around my sp3, power cord and mouse. I got it part of the MS complete bundle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't wanna come even close to scratching that gorgeous screen, or the metal shell for that matter. At the very least, I'd have it in a sleeve when it's in a bag so the rest of the contents of the bag doesn't scratch it somehow.

I carry mine typically in two different bags, but both have a "laptop compartment", so I just have the Surface and nothing else in that, so mine shouldn't get scratched from other stuff, sleeve or not, but I still often do use that home made fabric sleeve :p

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a sleeve for it. I bought it from amazon for about $20. But I would never get a case for the Surface Pro 3. I haven't seen any good cases for a Surface Pro in general in my opinion. But there is a good selection of sleeves though.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I carry mine typically in two different bags, but both have a "laptop compartment", so I just have the Surface and nothing else in that, so mine shouldn't get scratched from other stuff, sleeve or not, but I still often do use that home made fabric sleeve :p

i carry mine in the laptop side of my bag too. so I'm thinking it should be safe as well. Still want to be sure.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I always use a sleeve for SP1 as I carried it inside a shoulder manbag, but wanted extra protection. SP3 is due to arrive Monday so have ordered the below as the sleeve, which seems a nice flexible design over and above a normal sleeve, and the colour will match my SP3/keyboard combo as well.

Surface Pro 3 Case, ESR Brilliant Series Cushion Sleeve Case with Handle for Surface Pro 3 12 inch Tablet (Navy Blue): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

I like that. The blue would match my type cover (cyan). Hmmm... now, you got me thinking about it.

kougei

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It's just about perfect, arrived today, as did my SP3. Great side pocket that takes the pen and wedge mouse, myfi, etc. Quality materials, with the right amount of padding/protection. Only quibble would be the side zip opening, a bit more effort to slide the SP3 easily in and out, than a top length zip.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

jlinz

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Another vote here for the rooCASE mentioned by xboxonthego. It maintains the slim form factor but gives you all the protection you should need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa