Outlook 2013 on SP3 and Heating/Battery

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Recently I had to send my SP3 back due to yellowing issue I noticed on the left side of screen.

When I got my replacement, I had to reload all my programs and when I put Outlook 2013 back on, it seems to be causing the SP3 to run constantly. I've not had my fan run that much and it really hasn't gotten hot all that much like others complain about (I have the i5 version).

Would this be due to Outlook just syncing all the folders once again or perhaps others have had issues with Outlook 2013?

I have Google Apps for business and we use Gmail. I usually use Chrome to check my email but then read article that says Chrome really uses a lot of battery and resources so I try to stay away from it when I can.

Thoughts?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It could be the syncing of folders. It may not be CPU intensive, but it would be network and SSD intensive, both of which would generate heat. Especially if you have a lot of data being synced. I don't use Chrome or Google apps so I can't answer that question.

The only time I run into heat issues is when I'm using Lightroom, Photoshop, or playing games. And even then, it's not that bad... or at leas I don't think it's that bad.

MBSMD

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Recently I had to send my SP3 back due to yellowing issue I noticed on the left side of screen.

When I got my replacement, I had to reload all my programs and when I put Outlook 2013 back on, it seems to be causing the SP3 to run constantly. I've not had my fan run that much and it really hasn't gotten hot all that much like others complain about (I have the i5 version).

Would this be due to Outlook just syncing all the folders once again or perhaps others have had issues with Outlook 2013?

I have Google Apps for business and we use Gmail. I usually use Chrome to check my email but then read article that says Chrome really uses a lot of battery and resources so I try to stay away from it when I can.

Thoughts?
Let it run while plugged in to the charger for a couple hours to give it time to sync and index everything. Then see how it does afterward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs