anti-glare shield for surface pro 3

malberti1993

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Didn't see any threads on it but has anyone used an anti glare screen protector for their surface pro 3. Does it reduce screen quality and wear out the pen?

sropedia

May 6, 2013
Visit site
When I realized that I couldn't stand the sight of fingerprints on my screen I picked up some matte screen protectors from Amazon, and I absolutely love them. Now there are virtually no more fingers prints on the screen, it's smoother to the touch and the pen doesn't seem to be affected in any way. I highly recommend them

Sent from my LG-D800

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same experience as sropedia. The only issue I've noticed is that now that I have the docking station, I have to be very careful when I put the Surface in because the dock has a very sharp lip at the bottom and have actually snagged the screen protector a couple of times.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Be wary of some of the SP3 Zagg shields. I have installed many of them that were cut too thick and made the Surface unresponsive to touch. This is specific to the Surface Pro 3. I think they may have fixed it by now but make sure you don't get one of the first batches.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I must have followed hobmedic's advice from a different thread because I bought the same. I don't think it reduces the clarity, but it's definitely a different look. Normal lighting conditions I really don't notice much of a difference (i.e. clarity is not affected). But, when I have lighting conditions which would normally cause glare and make it hard to read the screen (but really easy to see my smiling face or whatever is lit up behind me), the reflection is pretty much gone, but the screen is a little "cloudier". I find that far less annoying than seeing the reflection.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it reduce clarity of the screen?@hopmedic?

You can't even put a high-end filter in front of a thousands-of-dollars camera lens without it affecting the quality of the image. It's all a matter of degrees. To me, the slight degradation is worth the reduction in reflections, since the reflections would be a far worse hindrance than the $5 piece of plastic on the screen.

Keep in mind, that no matter what you put on the screen, unless you get one of those flexible glass screen protectors (which I don't think reduce reflections), you're just putting a $5 piece of plastic on your screen, and a $5 piece of plastic is not going to be the best optical quality. The question is what do you want? Do you want reflections, or do you want them reduced? At what cost?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, but I don't use the pen a lot. I did last term, as I was taking College Algebra, but I'm past the math for now. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos