SD Card / drive d not working

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Even though the SP3 shows the SD in the device manager, I don't see it as an option in my computer. I tried to do into DOS, and typed in D:, it doesn't work. I get this message: the system cannot find the drive specified.

I tried multiple SD cards but no go. I get the box popping up indicating drivers being installed but nothing happens after installation.

Pls help!

Posted via the WPC App for Android on BlackBerry Z30

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Do you have any irreplaceable data on any of them? If not, format one the cards on another Windows system and give it a try.

I can't access the drive in the first place so formatting is not even option unless I format on my old laptop.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Open computer management --> Storage --> Disk Management

Do U see the sd card there? Format it?

Thank you so much. For some reason it lost the Drive letter and path. I reestablished it and now it works.

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 MicroSD cards that do not show up in Windows Explorer nor do they show up in the Disk Management console. I formated two of them on a Dell Venue Pro, but they still do not show up on the Surface.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

- Bob

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I have 3 MicroSD cards that do not show up in Windows Explorer nor do they show up in the Disk Management console. I formated two of them on a Dell Venue Pro, but they still do not show up on the Surface.

Any other thoughts?

How large are the MicroSD cards? What file system type are you formatting them with? exFat or NTFS?

Thanks,

- Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium