Battery not showing Time Remaining anymore?!

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Good day guys!

I bought recently one Surface PRO 3, my last contact with windows was 1 year ago when I bought Surface PRO 1.

Now I noticed that Battery shows ONLY the % not the time left anymore!!!!

Anyone was able to make the battery icon show the TIME left again?????

Thanks Guys!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It won't show the time remaining because the SP3 uses "connected standby". You can see the various states your SP3 supports by running this command line:
C:\powercfg /a

But with connected standby, it really can't calculate how much time is left. You'll have to look up on how to disable connected standby to see how much time is left.

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
It won't show the time remaining because the SP3 uses "connected standby". You can see the various states your SP3 supports by running this command line:
C:\powercfg /a

But with connected standby, it really can't calculate how much time is left. You'll have to look up on how to disable connected standby to see how much time is left.

Thanks Guzzler3.... I'll take a look on that!!!! ;)

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Here what I found about it

In the registry

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled (1->0) (change from 1 to 0 and restart)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
make sure you know what you're doing when disabling Connected Standby, its not just some random thing that can be turned off for maximum profit.

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello Xandros9!!

I saw people talking that will turn off a few things or even you can loose a little bit of battery life.... (You don't get a few things with out sacrifice others)

Saw... I just saved here, but I still talking with others that did this test already.

Thanks !!!!

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Can't you install Battery Bar Pro to get an indication of time remaining?

I was trying this app yesterday... during install ask me for Framework 2 or higher... and I download on the internet and try to install even NET Framework 4 and it says my device have one version that is newer..... I can't install this App :(

any idea??

north wiebesick

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
I was trying this app yesterday... during install ask me for Framework 2 or higher... and I download on the internet and try to install even NET Framework 4 and it says my device have one version that is newer..... I can't install this App :(

any idea??

You've probably figured it out, but in most cases a computer system running 8.0 or newer disables dotnet 2.0, but if you install an app requiring it, it might ask if you want to download and install it... if it won't show that then you go to the programs and features setting, and click the 'turn features on or off' link, then where it says something like 'dot net 2.0-3.5 framework' check the box (only click once) and click next... it will then proceed to download the required files and install... why windows has to be so butt-backwards on that particular issue, as those files are also on the install DVD, i dont know, although I will not further discuss, nor do I recommend that method for most, on this site...

If you still needed help, i hope this helps, if not, maybe it will help someone else...

A/N this reply is in response to the poster having problems installing BatteryBar Pro... also, dot net 4, is totally different than any version 3.5 or below, thus incompatible with those apps requiring older versions...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss