Touch Cover Cleaning?

jimkraz

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
A cloth with warm water and a little detergent, wring cloth out and wipe, will do it no harm, I would use nothing stronger.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Careful about saying cloth and detergent without specifying what type of detergent and cloth. An abrasive cloth used with Comet cleanser would scratch Gorilla Glass 3 pretty badly.

I would recommend something that is safe for eyeglasses. That's what I use on my Lumia, my laptop, and my glasses/sunglasses. I use a microfiber cloth with a lens cleaning solution. My lens cleaning solution is 65% rubbing alcohol, 35% distilled water, and I add one drop of Dawn dish washing detergent (others will work fine as well) for each quart of solution I mix. A quart will generally last me about 3 or 4 years, and my wife uses it on her laptop, her glasses, her phone, and we also use it to clean our big screen HDTV, and my 22" HD computer monitor.

Cleaning solution is cheap as dirt if you make it yourself like that, and it's pretty much the same formula where you pay $5 for a 2 ounce bottle.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
rhapdog, good stuff here...Being a neat freak can't stand smudges on any of electronics.. LCDs..SunglassHut provides free refills of cleaning solution which I use...however if not a the mall, I have put together a solution similar to yours...works well..lol

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
All replies are talking about cleaning the screen - where the title and the OP clearly talk about cleaning the cover.

Any useful replies for that?! lol

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
All replies are talking about cleaning the screen - where the title and the OP clearly talk about cleaning the cover.

Any useful replies for that?! lol

Alcohol is pretty much good for cleaning anything (even drinking in berty6294's case, although not the isopropyl type). So yeah Bill's reply was a damn useful one! - Adam

AdilY

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Careful about saying cloth and detergent without specifying what type of detergent and cloth. An abrasive cloth used with Comet cleanser would scratch Gorilla Glass 3 pretty badly.

I would recommend something that is safe for eyeglasses. That's what I use on my Lumia, my laptop, and my glasses/sunglasses. I use a microfiber cloth with a lens cleaning solution. My lens cleaning solution is 65% rubbing alcohol, 35% distilled water, and I add one drop of Dawn dish washing detergent (others will work fine as well) for each quart of solution I mix. A quart will generally last me about 3 or 4 years, and my wife uses it on her laptop, her glasses, her phone, and we also use it to clean our big screen HDTV, and my 22" HD computer monitor.

Cleaning solution is cheap as dirt if you make it yourself like that, and it's pretty much the same formula where you pay $5 for a 2 ounce bottle.
Same here. Stuff I use for my eye glasses works fine for everything Surface. Microfiber cloth works really well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05