Alternative one note apps for note taking

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
One Note is THE note taking app. There is nothing better or more stable. Everything else is a step down.

But, since you are asking, I would say Evernote is pretty good too.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Evernote is supposed to be pretty good, but I've never used it.

But I have never had a crash when using OneNote. Is there one particular thing that makes OneNote crash? Are you using desktop or the Metro version of OneNote?

basurtoisaac

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Evernote is supposed to be pretty good, but I've never used it.

But I have never had a crash when using OneNote. Is there one particular thing that makes OneNote crash? Are you using desktop or the Metro version of OneNote?

I take notes during class with the surface pen. After awhile, one note freezes out of nowhere and kicks me out of the app. I've tried uninstalling it but nothing works

johnj2803

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been using one note metro app on my dell venue 11 pro and it has been stable. I have used it for the past month in class.

I also have the desktop app but I like the metro app better because I can use the eraser function with the second button in the metro app.

I am contemplating "upgrading" to a surface pro 3 primarily because I thought the pen and one note works better. I use it extensively. I wonder what is happening in your case. Any other one mote and surface users having the same issues? What surface are you using OP?

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
metamoji note lite. Its free, and the lines are smooth. You don't have to save, it auto saves, so if computer freezes, or exit accidentally, it'll stay.

basurtoisaac

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have been using one note metro app on my dell venue 11 pro and it has been stable. I have used it for the past month in class.

I also have the desktop app but I like the metro app better because I can use the eraser function with the second button in the metro app.

I am contemplating "upgrading" to a surface pro 3 primarily because I thought the pen and one note works better. I use it extensively. I wonder what is happening in your case. Any other one mote and surface users having the same issues? What surface are you using OP?

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

I use the one note metro app. What I have noticed is that onenote tends to crash when using the surface pen.

johnj2803

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I use the one note metro app. What I have noticed is that onenote tends to crash when using the surface pen.

Wow, I use mine with the Dell active stylus 100% of the time...

Hopefully it's just a driver issue...

Are you logged in to your Microsoft account in one note? Does this happen with the desktop app as well?

Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've used OneNote in every conceivable way, typing, drawing, inking for hours and have yet to have it freeze or crash on me.

Perhaps you are having memory issues. Have you considered something which keeps your memory cleaned in the background such a CleanMem? Also, make sure you always rotate your taskbar and Windows button out of the way so your wrist is not brushing things. I'm right handed so I put my Windows button at the top and taskbar to the left.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Memory-Tweak/CleanMem.shtml

Once you've installed it, open the Settings and enable and you're good to go. I've used this for years without issue. The app gets 4.5 stars on Softpedia.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the 8 GB version of the SP3. There's no way it's a memory issue. I've never seen usage above 50%. I think it's most likely the pen driver causing the problem since writing with my dell venue 8 pro doesn't crash onenote

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire