After latest round of updates for SP3 i am getting grumpy

whoswhoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue?

After latest updates

When it comes out of sleep it doesn't connect to WiFi without throwing a connection error. Disconnecting and reconnecting makes it work every time.

It now goes into sleep mode every time the screen goes off. Then takes forever coming on and causes the WiFi issue.

Battery life is suffering even though its gone into sleep mode.

So that's what's up. It was shining like a diamond until recent updates. Just me or anyone else? I suppose if its just me I will see about rolling it back.

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

After latest updates

When it comes out of sleep it doesn't connect to WiFi without throwing a connection error. Disconnecting and reconnecting makes it work every time.

It now goes into sleep mode every time the screen goes off. Then takes forever coming on and causes the WiFi issue.

So that's what's up. It was shining like a diamond until recent updates. Just me or anyone else? I suppose if its just me I will see about rolling it back.

Having none of these issues personally.

johnepedersen

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Is Hyper-V enabled on your device? Control panel --> programs --> turn windows features on/off.
I had the exact same issue after I enabled Hyper-V to test Win10. My solution was to disable Hyper-V, reboot, go to power-options, and restore the balanced plan to default settings. (and maybe a second reboot after that)

whoswhoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Its all for nothing now. I had it in my travel bag and dumped it out in the laundry room after a long trip. Landed right on the corner, smashing in the side and cracking the screen. It registers false touches, so I can't even suffer through it :'(

TheNoise

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm still having persistent wifi issues, same as it has been for the two months I've owned it. All update to date with all firware and software updates. Wifi usually doesn't connect upon waking, I have to either restart the surface, or disconnect from the wifi, then reconnect. And I'm also seeing wifi drops once it is connected, it'll just drop to "limited" / "no internet connected."

Very frustrating, as I love everything else about the surface, but these persistent wifi issues really blow.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

After latest updates

I can't say I have had any of those problems but Wi-Fi for me has been temperamental in a new way since the last update. For the most part it is stable but internet sharing with my Lumia 928 is now a bit of an adventure. It will no longer connect automatically and when I hit connect it initially posts an error saying it couldn't connect and then connects anyway. Very nice device but at least for me it seems that every month they replace one set of Wi-Fi annoyances for another.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I experienced the same thing a few times today. I had to go into settings and reestablish the WiFi connection even though I have it set to automatically connect. it wasn't every time, but it was several over the course of the day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven