Surface pen frustrating problem

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I recently got my surface pro 3. The pen was amazing I love its pressure sensitivity , its design , everything
But 2days ago it started going crazy when I use it on OneNote. The pen starts switching to the eraser and the selection mode randomly while writing my notes which is very frustrating to me. I can't recall dropping it or messing with it and it works fine with other apps, o tried reinstalling OneNote but was met with the same frustration.
Is anyone experiencing this problem ?
If yes, can you please help ?

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the pen is defective. Bring it to the store and replace the pen

I bought the sp3 from the states and I'm currently living in the middle east, I don't think that's an option as we don't have any Microsoft stores. Do you think I can emplaced it from a virgin megastars as they do sell the sp3 and its accessories
Besides if it was defective it wouldn't have worked normally with other apps right ?

lithos

May 31, 2014
Visit site
The small coin cell batteries in my pen died right after I set it up, and caused OneNote to not open correctly. It's cheaper to replace the batteries than buy a new pen. There's a diagram in the small grey instruction book that shows how to replace those batteries. The size needed is 319. I'm not sure if that's an international size or a US size, but you can do a search for battery size charts that give all the specs along with size numbering.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The small coin cell batteries in my pen died right after I set it up, and caused OneNote to not open correctly. It's cheaper to replace the batteries than buy a new pen. There's a diagram in the small grey instruction book that shows how to replace those batteries. The size needed is 319. I'm not sure if that's an international size or a US size, but you can do a search for battery size charts that give all the specs along with size numbering.

Thanks alot I'll give it a try then , hope it works, don't wanna buy a new pen just for this

wertzius

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
The AAAA batteries power the pen, the coin cells are only for bluetooth! Try to exchange the AAAA, Microsoft uses bad quality cells.

ikap123

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Azurus,

Did you solve the problem? I'm having the same issue, after two weeks of getting the device, and I also don't live in the states, so replacing the pen might be a pain. I wonder if replacing the batteries helps, or should I order a new pen?

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I come across an intermittent issue with my pen, sometimes it thinks it's writing on the screen when the tip is hovering just a few millimeters above the surface of the glass. I had to remove the pen tip and the battery. Somehow that solved the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett